Nov 24, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Only two goalies appeared during last night’s Oilers-Coyotes game: Devan Dubynk and Ilya Bryzgalov.
Dubnyk did a better than solid job for Edmonton. He made 29 out of 34 saves in a losing effort, dropping to 1-1-1 in the three games he started since Nikolai Khabibulin found himself on the injured reserve.
Bryzgalov stole the spotlight (and the win), though. The talented Russian stopped all 23 shots he faced, earning a shutout as his team improved to seven wins in a row. I’m not 100 percent sure if this is the best save of Tuesday’s one game, but I’m fairly certain this was the best stop that Bryzgalov made. Feel free to disagree after watching some of the highlights here. The video is located right below.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13