Nov 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
For a night in which only two teams played one game, there are only so many tallies to choose from.
In this case, there were five goals to choose from. Martin Hanzal scored two goals, Wojtek Wolski scored one goal and two assists and Lee Stempniak was arguably the biggest star, with two goals and one assist.
While Stempniak’s second goal was pretty irrelevant (it made it 5-0), it was a beauty and it really symbolized just how far ahead the Phoenix Coyotes were over the Edmonton Oilers last night.
The Coyotes don’t often connect on “tic-tac-toe” plays, but this one qualified as such. Wolski made a great first pass while Eric Belanger made one of his two primary assists by setting up Stempniak for the best goal of November 23rd. Check out video of the nice goal below.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)