Nov 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
For a night in which only two teams played one game, there are only so many tallies to choose from.
In this case, there were five goals to choose from. Martin Hanzal scored two goals, Wojtek Wolski scored one goal and two assists and Lee Stempniak was arguably the biggest star, with two goals and one assist.
While Stempniak’s second goal was pretty irrelevant (it made it 5-0), it was a beauty and it really symbolized just how far ahead the Phoenix Coyotes were over the Edmonton Oilers last night.
The Coyotes don’t often connect on “tic-tac-toe” plays, but this one qualified as such. Wolski made a great first pass while Eric Belanger made one of his two primary assists by setting up Stempniak for the best goal of November 23rd. Check out video of the nice goal below.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 42
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (82)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)