Nov 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
For a night in which only two teams played one game, there are only so many tallies to choose from.
In this case, there were five goals to choose from. Martin Hanzal scored two goals, Wojtek Wolski scored one goal and two assists and Lee Stempniak was arguably the biggest star, with two goals and one assist.
While Stempniak’s second goal was pretty irrelevant (it made it 5-0), it was a beauty and it really symbolized just how far ahead the Phoenix Coyotes were over the Edmonton Oilers last night.
The Coyotes don’t often connect on “tic-tac-toe” plays, but this one qualified as such. Wolski made a great first pass while Eric Belanger made one of his two primary assists by setting up Stempniak for the best goal of November 23rd. Check out video of the nice goal below.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 0
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 4
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)