Nov 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
For a night in which only two teams played one game, there are only so many tallies to choose from.
In this case, there were five goals to choose from. Martin Hanzal scored two goals, Wojtek Wolski scored one goal and two assists and Lee Stempniak was arguably the biggest star, with two goals and one assist.
While Stempniak’s second goal was pretty irrelevant (it made it 5-0), it was a beauty and it really symbolized just how far ahead the Phoenix Coyotes were over the Edmonton Oilers last night.
The Coyotes don’t often connect on “tic-tac-toe” plays, but this one qualified as such. Wolski made a great first pass while Eric Belanger made one of his two primary assists by setting up Stempniak for the best goal of November 23rd. Check out video of the nice goal below.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35