Nov 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
For a night in which only two teams played one game, there are only so many tallies to choose from.
In this case, there were five goals to choose from. Martin Hanzal scored two goals, Wojtek Wolski scored one goal and two assists and Lee Stempniak was arguably the biggest star, with two goals and one assist.
While Stempniak’s second goal was pretty irrelevant (it made it 5-0), it was a beauty and it really symbolized just how far ahead the Phoenix Coyotes were over the Edmonton Oilers last night.
The Coyotes don’t often connect on “tic-tac-toe” plays, but this one qualified as such. Wolski made a great first pass while Eric Belanger made one of his two primary assists by setting up Stempniak for the best goal of November 23rd. Check out video of the nice goal below.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 20
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 9
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 12
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 9
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4