Nov 24, 2010, 4:51 PM EDT
The Blues announced that defenseman Barret Jackman has been activated from the injured list. Jackman missed the last nine games with a sprained knee suffered against the San Jose Sharks.
The Blues couldn’t be happier to have him back as over their last seven games, the Blues are giving up on average nearly five goals per game. A weakened blue line corps has been part of the problem as the Blues have been without Jackman, Roman Polak , and Carlo Colaiacovo for stretches of time lately.
With Jackman and Colaiacovo back in the lineup, the Blues defensive pairings are virtually back to normal. The Blues have been running youngsters like Tyson Strachan, Nikita Nikitin, and Nathan Oystrick out there in the meantime and given the goals allowed of late, their youth was showing. Jaroslav Halak and Ty Conklin will be the happiest guys in the world when the Blues defense is back to full health. Even better for St. Louis is that they’re on a two game win streak heading into tonight’s battle with Nashville.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 25
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)