Nov 24, 2010, 4:51 PM EDT
The Blues announced that defenseman Barret Jackman has been activated from the injured list. Jackman missed the last nine games with a sprained knee suffered against the San Jose Sharks.
The Blues couldn’t be happier to have him back as over their last seven games, the Blues are giving up on average nearly five goals per game. A weakened blue line corps has been part of the problem as the Blues have been without Jackman, Roman Polak , and Carlo Colaiacovo for stretches of time lately.
With Jackman and Colaiacovo back in the lineup, the Blues defensive pairings are virtually back to normal. The Blues have been running youngsters like Tyson Strachan, Nikita Nikitin, and Nathan Oystrick out there in the meantime and given the goals allowed of late, their youth was showing. Jaroslav Halak and Ty Conklin will be the happiest guys in the world when the Blues defense is back to full health. Even better for St. Louis is that they’re on a two game win streak heading into tonight’s battle with Nashville.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 0
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 13
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10