Nov 24, 2010, 4:51 PM EDT
The Blues announced that defenseman Barret Jackman has been activated from the injured list. Jackman missed the last nine games with a sprained knee suffered against the San Jose Sharks.
The Blues couldn’t be happier to have him back as over their last seven games, the Blues are giving up on average nearly five goals per game. A weakened blue line corps has been part of the problem as the Blues have been without Jackman, Roman Polak , and Carlo Colaiacovo for stretches of time lately.
With Jackman and Colaiacovo back in the lineup, the Blues defensive pairings are virtually back to normal. The Blues have been running youngsters like Tyson Strachan, Nikita Nikitin, and Nathan Oystrick out there in the meantime and given the goals allowed of late, their youth was showing. Jaroslav Halak and Ty Conklin will be the happiest guys in the world when the Blues defense is back to full health. Even better for St. Louis is that they’re on a two game win streak heading into tonight’s battle with Nashville.
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 2
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 56
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (56)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)