Nov 24, 2010, 4:51 PM EDT
The Blues announced that defenseman Barret Jackman has been activated from the injured list. Jackman missed the last nine games with a sprained knee suffered against the San Jose Sharks.
The Blues couldn’t be happier to have him back as over their last seven games, the Blues are giving up on average nearly five goals per game. A weakened blue line corps has been part of the problem as the Blues have been without Jackman, Roman Polak , and Carlo Colaiacovo for stretches of time lately.
With Jackman and Colaiacovo back in the lineup, the Blues defensive pairings are virtually back to normal. The Blues have been running youngsters like Tyson Strachan, Nikita Nikitin, and Nathan Oystrick out there in the meantime and given the goals allowed of late, their youth was showing. Jaroslav Halak and Ty Conklin will be the happiest guys in the world when the Blues defense is back to full health. Even better for St. Louis is that they’re on a two game win streak heading into tonight’s battle with Nashville.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)