Nov 24, 2010, 4:51 PM EDT
The Blues announced that defenseman Barret Jackman has been activated from the injured list. Jackman missed the last nine games with a sprained knee suffered against the San Jose Sharks.
The Blues couldn’t be happier to have him back as over their last seven games, the Blues are giving up on average nearly five goals per game. A weakened blue line corps has been part of the problem as the Blues have been without Jackman, Roman Polak , and Carlo Colaiacovo for stretches of time lately.
With Jackman and Colaiacovo back in the lineup, the Blues defensive pairings are virtually back to normal. The Blues have been running youngsters like Tyson Strachan, Nikita Nikitin, and Nathan Oystrick out there in the meantime and given the goals allowed of late, their youth was showing. Jaroslav Halak and Ty Conklin will be the happiest guys in the world when the Blues defense is back to full health. Even better for St. Louis is that they’re on a two game win streak heading into tonight’s battle with Nashville.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 129
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 23
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 23
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (128)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)