Nov 23, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
(Alexander Burmistrov won the Goal of the Week for November 15-21. You can check it out here.)
Much like Burmistrov’s narrow victory over Andreas Nodl and Henrik Zetterberg, Tim Thomas’s first save of two entries beat Jimmy Howard by a precious two votes.
Howard’s save was pretty nice, but honestly, I think that his stops sort of blended in with some of the other beauties of last week. (In fact, I think that Roberto Luongo’s stick save was a bit better.)
The Thomas stop, however, combined inspired genius with more than a little insanity. I mean, for goodness sakes, the guy made a save during that flurry with facing his own net. Take a look at the poll results.
Here’s video of that crazy group of saves by Thomas.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6