Nov 23, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
(Alexander Burmistrov won the Goal of the Week for November 15-21. You can check it out here.)
Much like Burmistrov’s narrow victory over Andreas Nodl and Henrik Zetterberg, Tim Thomas’s first save of two entries beat Jimmy Howard by a precious two votes.
Howard’s save was pretty nice, but honestly, I think that his stops sort of blended in with some of the other beauties of last week. (In fact, I think that Roberto Luongo’s stick save was a bit better.)
The Thomas stop, however, combined inspired genius with more than a little insanity. I mean, for goodness sakes, the guy made a save during that flurry with facing his own net. Take a look at the poll results.
Here’s video of that crazy group of saves by Thomas.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25