Nov 23, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
(Alexander Burmistrov won the Goal of the Week for November 15-21. You can check it out here.)
Much like Burmistrov’s narrow victory over Andreas Nodl and Henrik Zetterberg, Tim Thomas’s first save of two entries beat Jimmy Howard by a precious two votes.
Howard’s save was pretty nice, but honestly, I think that his stops sort of blended in with some of the other beauties of last week. (In fact, I think that Roberto Luongo’s stick save was a bit better.)
The Thomas stop, however, combined inspired genius with more than a little insanity. I mean, for goodness sakes, the guy made a save during that flurry with facing his own net. Take a look at the poll results.
Here’s video of that crazy group of saves by Thomas.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5