Nov 23, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
(Alexander Burmistrov won the Goal of the Week for November 15-21. You can check it out here.)
Much like Burmistrov’s narrow victory over Andreas Nodl and Henrik Zetterberg, Tim Thomas’s first save of two entries beat Jimmy Howard by a precious two votes.
Howard’s save was pretty nice, but honestly, I think that his stops sort of blended in with some of the other beauties of last week. (In fact, I think that Roberto Luongo’s stick save was a bit better.)
The Thomas stop, however, combined inspired genius with more than a little insanity. I mean, for goodness sakes, the guy made a save during that flurry with facing his own net. Take a look at the poll results.
Here’s video of that crazy group of saves by Thomas.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)