Nov 23, 2010, 9:45 PM EST
(Alexander Burmistrov won the Goal of the Week for November 15-21. You can check it out here.)
Much like Burmistrov’s narrow victory over Andreas Nodl and Henrik Zetterberg, Tim Thomas’s first save of two entries beat Jimmy Howard by a precious two votes.
Howard’s save was pretty nice, but honestly, I think that his stops sort of blended in with some of the other beauties of last week. (In fact, I think that Roberto Luongo’s stick save was a bit better.)
The Thomas stop, however, combined inspired genius with more than a little insanity. I mean, for goodness sakes, the guy made a save during that flurry with facing his own net. Take a look at the poll results.
Here’s video of that crazy group of saves by Thomas.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 44
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31