Nov 23, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Last night’s Rangers-Flames game in New York is going to be talked about a lot today because of a monstrous hit laid by Marc Staal to Matthew Stajan, but the stellar work by goaltenders Miikka Kiprusoff of Calgary and Martin Biron could’ve easily made the topic of discussion. Biron was brilliant yet again for the Rangers and Kiprusoff again showed reasons why he’s still one of the best goalies in the NHL.
Late in the third period with the Rangers clinging to a 2-1 lead, Ryan Callahan gathered the puck near the side of the net and gave Kiprusoff a shoulder shrug deke and swooped around the net to try and wrap the puck around and into the net for a goal. Kiprusoff dove back across his crease to stop Callahan back along the far post and looked positively Dominik Hasek-esque in making the save with glove hand while laying on his back. Seeing is worth believing and it’s why Kipper gets our call for save of the night.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 5
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6