Nov 23, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
While the specifics are still cloudy on just what kind of eye injury Mike Mottau suffered – and how it might affect his vision/ability to compete in the NHL – it seems like he’s doing about as well as can be expected.
Today brought about the best bit of news so far, as the New York Islanders announced that Mottau has been cleared to fly home to Long Island after spending a few days in Atlanta while the swelling went down around his right eye.
It’s a bit of relief to hear that his condition seems to be improving, but our hope is that the useful defenseman can play again soon. Obviously, his long term health is the most important issue, but it would be a shame if this injury ended his solid career.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 54
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 55
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 162
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (162)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)