Nov 23, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
While the specifics are still cloudy on just what kind of eye injury Mike Mottau suffered – and how it might affect his vision/ability to compete in the NHL – it seems like he’s doing about as well as can be expected.
Today brought about the best bit of news so far, as the New York Islanders announced that Mottau has been cleared to fly home to Long Island after spending a few days in Atlanta while the swelling went down around his right eye.
It’s a bit of relief to hear that his condition seems to be improving, but our hope is that the useful defenseman can play again soon. Obviously, his long term health is the most important issue, but it would be a shame if this injury ended his solid career.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15