Nov 23, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
While the specifics are still cloudy on just what kind of eye injury Mike Mottau suffered – and how it might affect his vision/ability to compete in the NHL – it seems like he’s doing about as well as can be expected.
Today brought about the best bit of news so far, as the New York Islanders announced that Mottau has been cleared to fly home to Long Island after spending a few days in Atlanta while the swelling went down around his right eye.
It’s a bit of relief to hear that his condition seems to be improving, but our hope is that the useful defenseman can play again soon. Obviously, his long term health is the most important issue, but it would be a shame if this injury ended his solid career.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)