Nov 23, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
While the specifics are still cloudy on just what kind of eye injury Mike Mottau suffered – and how it might affect his vision/ability to compete in the NHL – it seems like he’s doing about as well as can be expected.
Today brought about the best bit of news so far, as the New York Islanders announced that Mottau has been cleared to fly home to Long Island after spending a few days in Atlanta while the swelling went down around his right eye.
It’s a bit of relief to hear that his condition seems to be improving, but our hope is that the useful defenseman can play again soon. Obviously, his long term health is the most important issue, but it would be a shame if this injury ended his solid career.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 38
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7