Nov 23, 2010, 4:33 PM EDT
The good news is piling up now for the Boston Bruins and Marc Savard. Today, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced that concussion-addled star center Marc Savard has passed his latest set of tests and is cleared for contact. The Bruins released this statement today on Savard’s status:
“Today Marc passed the tests administered by Dr. Micky Collins from the Sports Medicine department at UPMC, and is now cleared for contact. Marc will rejoin the team tomorrow for morning skate in Florida. There is no time-table at this time for Marc to start playing games.”
Obviously the Bruins aren’t going to rush Savard back to the ice. Savard helping to rush himself back last year during the playoffs turned out to be a mistake and helped to set him back going into this season. The Bruins are playing well and there’s no rush to get Savard going right now, but it’s clear that if the team is going to contend for a Stanley Cup they’re going to need him in the lineup and producing. Making sure he’s 100% ready to come back is their priority and it’s a good thing as the Bruins are going to have some serious salary cap-related moves to make soon. Marco Sturm (knee surgery) is also close to returning as well and with their combined salaries, the Bruins will have to clear a lot of space to play them.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 41
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 17
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 16
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 96
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead