Nov 23, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
We’ve made it a pretty good habit to have fun at Jason Spezza’s expense here since PHT has been around. After all, after dealing with an off-season where he came off looking like a guy who just wanted the fans to both get off his back and appreciate him more like a superstar, can get confusing and silly. When the guy is on the ice and playing well, however, he really is a treat to see in action.
Last night against the L.A. Kings and with the game deadlocked at 2-2, Spezza was able to dial up his speed and show off some slick stickhandling moves that we’re not used to seeing from him to both get by Kings defenseman Matt Greene and goalie Jon Quick. Spezza’s third period tally proved to be the game winner for the Senators even though there was some debate whether or not Ryan Smyth tied the game with three seconds left. Smyth’s goal didn’t count, so Spezza came away the hero of the night for Ottawa.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 38
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 14
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54