Nov 23, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks cleaned house a little bit today. The main deal of the day saw the Ducks send Ryan Carter, who was waived yesterday and cleared today, to Carolina for minor leaguers Matt Kennedy and Stefan Chaput. Carter has been in and out of the Ducks lineup throughout his career and was finding himself squeezed out of opportunities.
Carter heads to Carolina to join former Ducks teammate Troy Bodie who Carolina claimed on waivers last week. Chaput and Kennedy will likely head to Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Syracuse. Carter will help provide some experienced depth to the Carolina roster. Carolina had been cycling youngsters from Charlotte in and out of the lineup of late, but with the additions of Bodie and now Carter, they’ll be looking for some consistency.
Elsewhere in the organization, the Ducks swung a minor-league deal with the New York Rangers sending defenseman Stu Bickel to New York for defenseman Nigel Williams. Those players will swap AHL locations with Williams moving on to Charlotte while Bickel heads to Hartford.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)