Nov 23, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks cleaned house a little bit today. The main deal of the day saw the Ducks send Ryan Carter, who was waived yesterday and cleared today, to Carolina for minor leaguers Matt Kennedy and Stefan Chaput. Carter has been in and out of the Ducks lineup throughout his career and was finding himself squeezed out of opportunities.
Carter heads to Carolina to join former Ducks teammate Troy Bodie who Carolina claimed on waivers last week. Chaput and Kennedy will likely head to Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Syracuse. Carter will help provide some experienced depth to the Carolina roster. Carolina had been cycling youngsters from Charlotte in and out of the lineup of late, but with the additions of Bodie and now Carter, they’ll be looking for some consistency.
Elsewhere in the organization, the Ducks swung a minor-league deal with the New York Rangers sending defenseman Stu Bickel to New York for defenseman Nigel Williams. Those players will swap AHL locations with Williams moving on to Charlotte while Bickel heads to Hartford.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 8
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 40
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)