Nov 23, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks cleaned house a little bit today. The main deal of the day saw the Ducks send Ryan Carter, who was waived yesterday and cleared today, to Carolina for minor leaguers Matt Kennedy and Stefan Chaput. Carter has been in and out of the Ducks lineup throughout his career and was finding himself squeezed out of opportunities.
Carter heads to Carolina to join former Ducks teammate Troy Bodie who Carolina claimed on waivers last week. Chaput and Kennedy will likely head to Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Syracuse. Carter will help provide some experienced depth to the Carolina roster. Carolina had been cycling youngsters from Charlotte in and out of the lineup of late, but with the additions of Bodie and now Carter, they’ll be looking for some consistency.
Elsewhere in the organization, the Ducks swung a minor-league deal with the New York Rangers sending defenseman Stu Bickel to New York for defenseman Nigel Williams. Those players will swap AHL locations with Williams moving on to Charlotte while Bickel heads to Hartford.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)