Nov 23, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks cleaned house a little bit today. The main deal of the day saw the Ducks send Ryan Carter, who was waived yesterday and cleared today, to Carolina for minor leaguers Matt Kennedy and Stefan Chaput. Carter has been in and out of the Ducks lineup throughout his career and was finding himself squeezed out of opportunities.
Carter heads to Carolina to join former Ducks teammate Troy Bodie who Carolina claimed on waivers last week. Chaput and Kennedy will likely head to Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Syracuse. Carter will help provide some experienced depth to the Carolina roster. Carolina had been cycling youngsters from Charlotte in and out of the lineup of late, but with the additions of Bodie and now Carter, they’ll be looking for some consistency.
Elsewhere in the organization, the Ducks swung a minor-league deal with the New York Rangers sending defenseman Stu Bickel to New York for defenseman Nigel Williams. Those players will swap AHL locations with Williams moving on to Charlotte while Bickel heads to Hartford.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)