Nov 23, 2010, 5:47 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks cleaned house a little bit today. The main deal of the day saw the Ducks send Ryan Carter, who was waived yesterday and cleared today, to Carolina for minor leaguers Matt Kennedy and Stefan Chaput. Carter has been in and out of the Ducks lineup throughout his career and was finding himself squeezed out of opportunities.
Carter heads to Carolina to join former Ducks teammate Troy Bodie who Carolina claimed on waivers last week. Chaput and Kennedy will likely head to Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Syracuse. Carter will help provide some experienced depth to the Carolina roster. Carolina had been cycling youngsters from Charlotte in and out of the lineup of late, but with the additions of Bodie and now Carter, they’ll be looking for some consistency.
Elsewhere in the organization, the Ducks swung a minor-league deal with the New York Rangers sending defenseman Stu Bickel to New York for defenseman Nigel Williams. Those players will swap AHL locations with Williams moving on to Charlotte while Bickel heads to Hartford.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 37
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 75
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (75)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)