Nov 23, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
If you’re not into the Edmonton Oilers or the Phoenix Coyotes you might be left feeling a bit disappointed in tonight’s schedule. There’s just one game in town and it’s in Glendale, Arizona. Not to be a jerk here, but we’ve got a feeling that tickets will still be available.
9:00 pm ET
Edmonton @ Phoenix
The Coyotes are on a roll and they’re looking to win their seventh straight game. They’ll have to deal with the Oilers and suddenly hot goalie Devan Dubnyk. These two just met up on Friday night in Edmonton with the Coyotes earning 4-3 win in the shootout. That game saw the Oilers get ahead 3-0 only to see Phoenix storm back in the second and get a late goal in the third to tie it up. Ray Whitney did the heavy lifting that night and his improved play of late has helped to awaken the Coyotes offense. Ilya Bryzgalov, on the other hand, has been eye-poppingly good of late.
The key for the Coyotes will be to make sure the game doesn’t go to overtime or the shootout. Phoenix’s win on Friday over the Oilers was their only OT/SO win in six tries this year. If you think missing out on those extra points won’t hurt down the road, think again. With the standings as tight as they are, every point matters. Getting those charity points by making it to overtime will help.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 29
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)