Nov 23, 2010, 9:45 AM EST
If you’re not into the Edmonton Oilers or the Phoenix Coyotes you might be left feeling a bit disappointed in tonight’s schedule. There’s just one game in town and it’s in Glendale, Arizona. Not to be a jerk here, but we’ve got a feeling that tickets will still be available.
9:00 pm ET
Edmonton @ Phoenix
The Coyotes are on a roll and they’re looking to win their seventh straight game. They’ll have to deal with the Oilers and suddenly hot goalie Devan Dubnyk. These two just met up on Friday night in Edmonton with the Coyotes earning 4-3 win in the shootout. That game saw the Oilers get ahead 3-0 only to see Phoenix storm back in the second and get a late goal in the third to tie it up. Ray Whitney did the heavy lifting that night and his improved play of late has helped to awaken the Coyotes offense. Ilya Bryzgalov, on the other hand, has been eye-poppingly good of late.
The key for the Coyotes will be to make sure the game doesn’t go to overtime or the shootout. Phoenix’s win on Friday over the Oilers was their only OT/SO win in six tries this year. If you think missing out on those extra points won’t hurt down the road, think again. With the standings as tight as they are, every point matters. Getting those charity points by making it to overtime will help.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)