Alex Burmistrov narrowly edges Andreas Nodl, Henrik Zetterberg for Goal of the Week (November 15-21)
Nov 23, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
(You can still vote for last week’s best save here. Hurry, though, because the results will be posted soon.)
There were some fantastic goals last week, which might explain why the poll results ended up being so excruciatingly close.
It ended up being a three horse race between Atlanta Thrashers rookie Alexander Burmistrov (the winner), funny last named Philadelphia Flyers forward Andreas Nodl and Detroit Red Wings maestro Henrik Zetterberg.
Burmistrov scored a beautiful – if somewhat inconsequential – goal against the Washington Capitals. Nodl employed a spin-o-rama for his outstanding entry. Meanwhile, Pavel Datsyuk played a huge role in Zetterberg’s goal, which tied a game the Red Wings would later win against the Calgary Flames.
Anyway, let’s take a look at just how close the voting ended up being.
As you can see, Burmistrov earned one more vote than Nodl and two more than Zetterberg.
Here is that Burmistrov goal:
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)