Alex Burmistrov narrowly edges Andreas Nodl, Henrik Zetterberg for Goal of the Week (November 15-21)
Nov 23, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
(You can still vote for last week’s best save here. Hurry, though, because the results will be posted soon.)
There were some fantastic goals last week, which might explain why the poll results ended up being so excruciatingly close.
It ended up being a three horse race between Atlanta Thrashers rookie Alexander Burmistrov (the winner), funny last named Philadelphia Flyers forward Andreas Nodl and Detroit Red Wings maestro Henrik Zetterberg.
Burmistrov scored a beautiful – if somewhat inconsequential – goal against the Washington Capitals. Nodl employed a spin-o-rama for his outstanding entry. Meanwhile, Pavel Datsyuk played a huge role in Zetterberg’s goal, which tied a game the Red Wings would later win against the Calgary Flames.
Anyway, let’s take a look at just how close the voting ended up being.
As you can see, Burmistrov earned one more vote than Nodl and two more than Zetterberg.
Here is that Burmistrov goal:
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17