Alex Burmistrov narrowly edges Andreas Nodl, Henrik Zetterberg for Goal of the Week (November 15-21)
Nov 23, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
(You can still vote for last week’s best save here. Hurry, though, because the results will be posted soon.)
There were some fantastic goals last week, which might explain why the poll results ended up being so excruciatingly close.
It ended up being a three horse race between Atlanta Thrashers rookie Alexander Burmistrov (the winner), funny last named Philadelphia Flyers forward Andreas Nodl and Detroit Red Wings maestro Henrik Zetterberg.
Burmistrov scored a beautiful – if somewhat inconsequential – goal against the Washington Capitals. Nodl employed a spin-o-rama for his outstanding entry. Meanwhile, Pavel Datsyuk played a huge role in Zetterberg’s goal, which tied a game the Red Wings would later win against the Calgary Flames.
Anyway, let’s take a look at just how close the voting ended up being.
As you can see, Burmistrov earned one more vote than Nodl and two more than Zetterberg.
Here is that Burmistrov goal:
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8