Alex Burmistrov narrowly edges Andreas Nodl, Henrik Zetterberg for Goal of the Week (November 15-21)
Nov 23, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
(You can still vote for last week’s best save here. Hurry, though, because the results will be posted soon.)
There were some fantastic goals last week, which might explain why the poll results ended up being so excruciatingly close.
It ended up being a three horse race between Atlanta Thrashers rookie Alexander Burmistrov (the winner), funny last named Philadelphia Flyers forward Andreas Nodl and Detroit Red Wings maestro Henrik Zetterberg.
Burmistrov scored a beautiful – if somewhat inconsequential – goal against the Washington Capitals. Nodl employed a spin-o-rama for his outstanding entry. Meanwhile, Pavel Datsyuk played a huge role in Zetterberg’s goal, which tied a game the Red Wings would later win against the Calgary Flames.
Anyway, let’s take a look at just how close the voting ended up being.
As you can see, Burmistrov earned one more vote than Nodl and two more than Zetterberg.
Here is that Burmistrov goal:
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)