Alex Burmistrov narrowly edges Andreas Nodl, Henrik Zetterberg for Goal of the Week (November 15-21)
Nov 23, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
(You can still vote for last week’s best save here. Hurry, though, because the results will be posted soon.)
There were some fantastic goals last week, which might explain why the poll results ended up being so excruciatingly close.
It ended up being a three horse race between Atlanta Thrashers rookie Alexander Burmistrov (the winner), funny last named Philadelphia Flyers forward Andreas Nodl and Detroit Red Wings maestro Henrik Zetterberg.
Burmistrov scored a beautiful – if somewhat inconsequential – goal against the Washington Capitals. Nodl employed a spin-o-rama for his outstanding entry. Meanwhile, Pavel Datsyuk played a huge role in Zetterberg’s goal, which tied a game the Red Wings would later win against the Calgary Flames.
Anyway, let’s take a look at just how close the voting ended up being.
As you can see, Burmistrov earned one more vote than Nodl and two more than Zetterberg.
Here is that Burmistrov goal:
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)