Nov 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
This wasn’t the best save of the night from a technical standpoint. Roberto Luongo was sprawling in both directions and looked practically helpless two times.
It probably wasn’t the best save that included a tough shot; Ondrej Pavelec made a beauty of a save while a bunch of his net was exposed and he dealt with a puck that had plenty of height.
Luongo’s wasn’t the only impressive (and sprawling) use of a stick either. Rick DiPietro stopped a wraparound attempt in impressive fashion.
Nope, Bobby Lou simply made the stop that is the most fun to watch. Make sure to view every angle of this save available in the video, because the key is just how close that puck was to going in the net. It’s a real treat to watch.
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 1
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 47
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 27
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)