Nov 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
This wasn’t the best save of the night from a technical standpoint. Roberto Luongo was sprawling in both directions and looked practically helpless two times.
It probably wasn’t the best save that included a tough shot; Ondrej Pavelec made a beauty of a save while a bunch of his net was exposed and he dealt with a puck that had plenty of height.
Luongo’s wasn’t the only impressive (and sprawling) use of a stick either. Rick DiPietro stopped a wraparound attempt in impressive fashion.
Nope, Bobby Lou simply made the stop that is the most fun to watch. Make sure to view every angle of this save available in the video, because the key is just how close that puck was to going in the net. It’s a real treat to watch.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 48
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 28
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25