Nov 22, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
Let’s get to some more updates regarding New York Islanders defenseman Mike Mottau and his scary eye injury.
Katie Strang provided some new information on his situation today, even if the specifics of the situation are still a little scarce.
The first bit of information Strang passed along via Mottau’s agent: he’s dealing with some significant swelling around his eye and had to get some stitches in that area. The other bit of news is that Mottau will stay in Atlanta for another night and will remain there “until further notice.”
The situation still seems pretty cloudy, so we’ll pass along information as it comes along.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 36
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)