Nov 22, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Let’s get to some more updates regarding New York Islanders defenseman Mike Mottau and his scary eye injury.
Katie Strang provided some new information on his situation today, even if the specifics of the situation are still a little scarce.
The first bit of information Strang passed along via Mottau’s agent: he’s dealing with some significant swelling around his eye and had to get some stitches in that area. The other bit of news is that Mottau will stay in Atlanta for another night and will remain there “until further notice.”
The situation still seems pretty cloudy, so we’ll pass along information as it comes along.
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 0
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 8
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)