Nov 22, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Let’s get to some more updates regarding New York Islanders defenseman Mike Mottau and his scary eye injury.
Katie Strang provided some new information on his situation today, even if the specifics of the situation are still a little scarce.
The first bit of information Strang passed along via Mottau’s agent: he’s dealing with some significant swelling around his eye and had to get some stitches in that area. The other bit of news is that Mottau will stay in Atlanta for another night and will remain there “until further notice.”
The situation still seems pretty cloudy, so we’ll pass along information as it comes along.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)