Minor knee surgery will sideline Rob Niedermayer for about two weeks; Tim Connolly leaves practice with groin issues
Nov 22, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
When it comes to less talented brothers, Rob Niedermayer is no Frank Stallone (or even a Steve Kariya or Fedor Fedorov). You’ll never confuse Rob with his smooth skating brother Scott, but considering the fact that he’s a 17-year veteran, he’s done well for himself.
(Battle of California‘s Earl Sleek said it best when he described Rob Niedermayer as a player who is “an All-Star on the boards.”)
Buffalo Sabres forward Rob Niedermayer will miss at least two weeks after having minor surgery to repair a knee injury that’s nagged him since September.
Coach Lindy Ruff said after practice Monday that Niedermayer had the operation in the morning to relieve a buildup of fluid.
In other Sabres injury news, Tim Connolly apparently left Sabres practice with a groin injury. No, this is not a reprint, but hopefully it’s just a minor issue. It seems like Niedermayer’s falls under the “minor” category, but knee surgery isn’t a sure thing.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 27
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)