Minor knee surgery will sideline Rob Niedermayer for about two weeks; Tim Connolly leaves practice with groin issues
Nov 22, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
When it comes to less talented brothers, Rob Niedermayer is no Frank Stallone (or even a Steve Kariya or Fedor Fedorov). You’ll never confuse Rob with his smooth skating brother Scott, but considering the fact that he’s a 17-year veteran, he’s done well for himself.
(Battle of California‘s Earl Sleek said it best when he described Rob Niedermayer as a player who is “an All-Star on the boards.”)
Buffalo Sabres forward Rob Niedermayer will miss at least two weeks after having minor surgery to repair a knee injury that’s nagged him since September.
Coach Lindy Ruff said after practice Monday that Niedermayer had the operation in the morning to relieve a buildup of fluid.
In other Sabres injury news, Tim Connolly apparently left Sabres practice with a groin injury. No, this is not a reprint, but hopefully it’s just a minor issue. It seems like Niedermayer’s falls under the “minor” category, but knee surgery isn’t a sure thing.
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 0
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 1
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 12
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 103
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)