Minor knee surgery will sideline Rob Niedermayer for about two weeks; Tim Connolly leaves practice with groin issues
Nov 22, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
When it comes to less talented brothers, Rob Niedermayer is no Frank Stallone (or even a Steve Kariya or Fedor Fedorov). You’ll never confuse Rob with his smooth skating brother Scott, but considering the fact that he’s a 17-year veteran, he’s done well for himself.
(Battle of California‘s Earl Sleek said it best when he described Rob Niedermayer as a player who is “an All-Star on the boards.”)
Buffalo Sabres forward Rob Niedermayer will miss at least two weeks after having minor surgery to repair a knee injury that’s nagged him since September.
Coach Lindy Ruff said after practice Monday that Niedermayer had the operation in the morning to relieve a buildup of fluid.
In other Sabres injury news, Tim Connolly apparently left Sabres practice with a groin injury. No, this is not a reprint, but hopefully it’s just a minor issue. It seems like Niedermayer’s falls under the “minor” category, but knee surgery isn’t a sure thing.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)