Nov 22, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
There aren’t many guarantees when it comes to players recovering from concussions. After all, didn’t it seem like Marc Savard would be back to begin the 2010-11 season?
That being said, it absolutely seems like Savard is on the right track to hit his targeted early December return date.
You might remember that earlier this weekend we passed along word that he “felt amazing” after participating in the Boston Bruins’ morning skate, even though he did not participate in full contact drills.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reports that Savard is preparing to take another big step this week. Shinzawa wrote that Savard is about to go to Pittsburgh to take the final test in order to gain clearance to practice at full speed. Savard sounds pretty optimistic that he can make that progress.
Tomorrow, Savard will be in Pittsburgh to go through the final round of testing before being cleared for full-contact practice.
“I guess it’s quite a test,” Savard said. “It’s like six hours long. He’s going to put me through some workouts and some strenuous stuff. When I’m at my weakest, he can see how my brain is and stuff like that. I’m interested. I’m really excited about going.”
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)