Nov 22, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
There aren’t many guarantees when it comes to players recovering from concussions. After all, didn’t it seem like Marc Savard would be back to begin the 2010-11 season?
That being said, it absolutely seems like Savard is on the right track to hit his targeted early December return date.
You might remember that earlier this weekend we passed along word that he “felt amazing” after participating in the Boston Bruins’ morning skate, even though he did not participate in full contact drills.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reports that Savard is preparing to take another big step this week. Shinzawa wrote that Savard is about to go to Pittsburgh to take the final test in order to gain clearance to practice at full speed. Savard sounds pretty optimistic that he can make that progress.
Tomorrow, Savard will be in Pittsburgh to go through the final round of testing before being cleared for full-contact practice.
“I guess it’s quite a test,” Savard said. “It’s like six hours long. He’s going to put me through some workouts and some strenuous stuff. When I’m at my weakest, he can see how my brain is and stuff like that. I’m interested. I’m really excited about going.”
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)