Nov 22, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
There aren’t many guarantees when it comes to players recovering from concussions. After all, didn’t it seem like Marc Savard would be back to begin the 2010-11 season?
That being said, it absolutely seems like Savard is on the right track to hit his targeted early December return date.
You might remember that earlier this weekend we passed along word that he “felt amazing” after participating in the Boston Bruins’ morning skate, even though he did not participate in full contact drills.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reports that Savard is preparing to take another big step this week. Shinzawa wrote that Savard is about to go to Pittsburgh to take the final test in order to gain clearance to practice at full speed. Savard sounds pretty optimistic that he can make that progress.
Tomorrow, Savard will be in Pittsburgh to go through the final round of testing before being cleared for full-contact practice.
“I guess it’s quite a test,” Savard said. “It’s like six hours long. He’s going to put me through some workouts and some strenuous stuff. When I’m at my weakest, he can see how my brain is and stuff like that. I’m interested. I’m really excited about going.”
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 10
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 36
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)