Nov 22, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
There aren’t many guarantees when it comes to players recovering from concussions. After all, didn’t it seem like Marc Savard would be back to begin the 2010-11 season?
That being said, it absolutely seems like Savard is on the right track to hit his targeted early December return date.
You might remember that earlier this weekend we passed along word that he “felt amazing” after participating in the Boston Bruins’ morning skate, even though he did not participate in full contact drills.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reports that Savard is preparing to take another big step this week. Shinzawa wrote that Savard is about to go to Pittsburgh to take the final test in order to gain clearance to practice at full speed. Savard sounds pretty optimistic that he can make that progress.
Tomorrow, Savard will be in Pittsburgh to go through the final round of testing before being cleared for full-contact practice.
“I guess it’s quite a test,” Savard said. “It’s like six hours long. He’s going to put me through some workouts and some strenuous stuff. When I’m at my weakest, he can see how my brain is and stuff like that. I’m interested. I’m really excited about going.”
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)