Nov 22, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
A lot of times, context will be a tie breaker for a goal of the night decision. Last night qualifies as one of those times, as both Alex Tanguay and Henrik Zetterberg provided worthy contributions.
Tanguay produced a brilliant tally, making a world class deke and then connecting with a top shelf shot. He also added an assist in the game, but it wasn’t enough as the Detroit Red Wings came back from a 4-2 deficit to beat his Calgary Flames.
The Red Wings put themselves in a position to win because of two third period Zetterberg goals, including this beauty with only 3.6 seconds left in the final frame. Now, that doesn’t mean that it was all Zetterberg by any means; Pavel Datsyuk was the main author of this one. He made some breathtaking moves and put Zetterberg in position for a backbreaking goal.
Both goals were great, but Zetterberg’s was more important, so he gets the nod. You can watch Tanguay’s beauty here and let us know if you disagree, though.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)