Nov 22, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
A lot of times, context will be a tie breaker for a goal of the night decision. Last night qualifies as one of those times, as both Alex Tanguay and Henrik Zetterberg provided worthy contributions.
Tanguay produced a brilliant tally, making a world class deke and then connecting with a top shelf shot. He also added an assist in the game, but it wasn’t enough as the Detroit Red Wings came back from a 4-2 deficit to beat his Calgary Flames.
The Red Wings put themselves in a position to win because of two third period Zetterberg goals, including this beauty with only 3.6 seconds left in the final frame. Now, that doesn’t mean that it was all Zetterberg by any means; Pavel Datsyuk was the main author of this one. He made some breathtaking moves and put Zetterberg in position for a backbreaking goal.
Both goals were great, but Zetterberg’s was more important, so he gets the nod. You can watch Tanguay’s beauty here and let us know if you disagree, though.
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 3
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 16
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 35
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 42
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 50
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 15
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 15
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)