Nov 22, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
A lot of times, context will be a tie breaker for a goal of the night decision. Last night qualifies as one of those times, as both Alex Tanguay and Henrik Zetterberg provided worthy contributions.
Tanguay produced a brilliant tally, making a world class deke and then connecting with a top shelf shot. He also added an assist in the game, but it wasn’t enough as the Detroit Red Wings came back from a 4-2 deficit to beat his Calgary Flames.
The Red Wings put themselves in a position to win because of two third period Zetterberg goals, including this beauty with only 3.6 seconds left in the final frame. Now, that doesn’t mean that it was all Zetterberg by any means; Pavel Datsyuk was the main author of this one. He made some breathtaking moves and put Zetterberg in position for a backbreaking goal.
Both goals were great, but Zetterberg’s was more important, so he gets the nod. You can watch Tanguay’s beauty here and let us know if you disagree, though.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 53
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 46
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)