Nov 22, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
A lot of times, context will be a tie breaker for a goal of the night decision. Last night qualifies as one of those times, as both Alex Tanguay and Henrik Zetterberg provided worthy contributions.
Tanguay produced a brilliant tally, making a world class deke and then connecting with a top shelf shot. He also added an assist in the game, but it wasn’t enough as the Detroit Red Wings came back from a 4-2 deficit to beat his Calgary Flames.
The Red Wings put themselves in a position to win because of two third period Zetterberg goals, including this beauty with only 3.6 seconds left in the final frame. Now, that doesn’t mean that it was all Zetterberg by any means; Pavel Datsyuk was the main author of this one. He made some breathtaking moves and put Zetterberg in position for a backbreaking goal.
Both goals were great, but Zetterberg’s was more important, so he gets the nod. You can watch Tanguay’s beauty here and let us know if you disagree, though.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)