Nov 22, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
A lot of times, context will be a tie breaker for a goal of the night decision. Last night qualifies as one of those times, as both Alex Tanguay and Henrik Zetterberg provided worthy contributions.
Tanguay produced a brilliant tally, making a world class deke and then connecting with a top shelf shot. He also added an assist in the game, but it wasn’t enough as the Detroit Red Wings came back from a 4-2 deficit to beat his Calgary Flames.
The Red Wings put themselves in a position to win because of two third period Zetterberg goals, including this beauty with only 3.6 seconds left in the final frame. Now, that doesn’t mean that it was all Zetterberg by any means; Pavel Datsyuk was the main author of this one. He made some breathtaking moves and put Zetterberg in position for a backbreaking goal.
Both goals were great, but Zetterberg’s was more important, so he gets the nod. You can watch Tanguay’s beauty here and let us know if you disagree, though.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9