Nov 22, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Here is some small waiver wire news from Bob MacKenzie of TSN.
- The Carolina Hurricanes placed Patrick O’Sullivan on waivers. MacKenzie reports that the Hurricanes might consider trading the troubled forward if he clears waivers.
In five tumultuous seasons in the NHL, O’Sullivan has already bounced to three different NHL teams. He started his career with the Los Angeles Kings after being traded there by the team who drafted him, the Minnesota Wild. After spending a season and change with the Edmonton Oilers, the Hurricanes took a chance on him this year.
It’s hard to blame the Canes for getting rid of the versatile forward, who only scored one goal in the 10 games he played this season.
- The Ducks waived Ryan Carter and the Philadelphia Flyers waived Michael Ryan, also according to Bob MacKenzie.
Carter hasn’t been much more than a marginal forward for the Ducks, never scoring more than nine points or playing in more than 48 games in any season. He only has one goal and two assists for three points in 18 games this season, so it’s hard to argue with how replaceable he is.
Ryan never played a game with the Flyers, so there’s not much to say about him. To say that the forward position is crowded in Philadelphia is an understatement.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)