Nov 22, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Here is some small waiver wire news from Bob MacKenzie of TSN.
- The Carolina Hurricanes placed Patrick O’Sullivan on waivers. MacKenzie reports that the Hurricanes might consider trading the troubled forward if he clears waivers.
In five tumultuous seasons in the NHL, O’Sullivan has already bounced to three different NHL teams. He started his career with the Los Angeles Kings after being traded there by the team who drafted him, the Minnesota Wild. After spending a season and change with the Edmonton Oilers, the Hurricanes took a chance on him this year.
It’s hard to blame the Canes for getting rid of the versatile forward, who only scored one goal in the 10 games he played this season.
- The Ducks waived Ryan Carter and the Philadelphia Flyers waived Michael Ryan, also according to Bob MacKenzie.
Carter hasn’t been much more than a marginal forward for the Ducks, never scoring more than nine points or playing in more than 48 games in any season. He only has one goal and two assists for three points in 18 games this season, so it’s hard to argue with how replaceable he is.
Ryan never played a game with the Flyers, so there’s not much to say about him. To say that the forward position is crowded in Philadelphia is an understatement.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)