Nov 22, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Here is some small waiver wire news from Bob MacKenzie of TSN.
- The Carolina Hurricanes placed Patrick O’Sullivan on waivers. MacKenzie reports that the Hurricanes might consider trading the troubled forward if he clears waivers.
In five tumultuous seasons in the NHL, O’Sullivan has already bounced to three different NHL teams. He started his career with the Los Angeles Kings after being traded there by the team who drafted him, the Minnesota Wild. After spending a season and change with the Edmonton Oilers, the Hurricanes took a chance on him this year.
It’s hard to blame the Canes for getting rid of the versatile forward, who only scored one goal in the 10 games he played this season.
- The Ducks waived Ryan Carter and the Philadelphia Flyers waived Michael Ryan, also according to Bob MacKenzie.
Carter hasn’t been much more than a marginal forward for the Ducks, never scoring more than nine points or playing in more than 48 games in any season. He only has one goal and two assists for three points in 18 games this season, so it’s hard to argue with how replaceable he is.
Ryan never played a game with the Flyers, so there’s not much to say about him. To say that the forward position is crowded in Philadelphia is an understatement.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)