Nov 22, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Here is some small waiver wire news from Bob MacKenzie of TSN.
- The Carolina Hurricanes placed Patrick O’Sullivan on waivers. MacKenzie reports that the Hurricanes might consider trading the troubled forward if he clears waivers.
In five tumultuous seasons in the NHL, O’Sullivan has already bounced to three different NHL teams. He started his career with the Los Angeles Kings after being traded there by the team who drafted him, the Minnesota Wild. After spending a season and change with the Edmonton Oilers, the Hurricanes took a chance on him this year.
It’s hard to blame the Canes for getting rid of the versatile forward, who only scored one goal in the 10 games he played this season.
- The Ducks waived Ryan Carter and the Philadelphia Flyers waived Michael Ryan, also according to Bob MacKenzie.
Carter hasn’t been much more than a marginal forward for the Ducks, never scoring more than nine points or playing in more than 48 games in any season. He only has one goal and two assists for three points in 18 games this season, so it’s hard to argue with how replaceable he is.
Ryan never played a game with the Flyers, so there’s not much to say about him. To say that the forward position is crowded in Philadelphia is an understatement.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)