Nov 21, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
NY Islanders @ Atlanta – 5:00 pm ET
New York’s starting goalie: Rick DiPietro will make his first start since November 3rd when the Isles lost to Carolina 7-2. No pressure for Ricky D as the Isles will only be looking to snap a 12-game losing streak.
Atlanta’s starting goalie: Ondrej Pavelec will start once again for Atlanta and he’s on fire of late having not allowed a goal in the last 81:57 played dating back to the second period on Wednesday against Florida. “Pavelectric” indeed.
Calgary @ Detroit – 5:00 pm ET
Calgary’s starting goalie: Miikka Kipruoff starts for the Flames. (Source)
Detroit’s starting goalie: Jimmy Howard gets the nod once again for the Wings. (Source)
Edmonton @ Anaheim – 8:00 pm ET
Edmonton’s likely starter: No confirmation here butDevan Dubnyk figures to get the call for the Oilers. Martin Gerber is his backup if Dubnyk doesn’t start.
Anaheim’s likely starter: No confirmation here as of yet, but expect Jonas Hiller to get the call in goal. Playing a weaker Edmonton team might be a good reason to give Curtis McElhinney a shot, however.
Phoenix @ Vancouver – 9:00 pm ET
Phoenix’s starting goalie: Ilya Bryzgalov gets the start as you’d expect against a tough Western Conference foe. (Source)
Vancouver’s starting goalie: Roberto Luongo gets the call again after being chased from last night’s game in the second period after allowing four goals against Chicago. (Source)
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 17
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 35
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 69
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 28
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks