Nov 21, 2010, 9:25 AM EDT
Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins has been one heck of a story this year in the NHL. He’s got four shutouts this year and is a leading candidate to be the comeback player of the year after struggling most of last season with a mix of ineffective play and a wonky hip he had operated on in the off-season. This season he’s putting up ridiculous numbers and relegated last year’s breakout star Tuukka Rask into a backup role. Not bad for an older goalie.
Last night he showed that he’s still got the ability to make the occasional acrobatic save and L.A.’s Jarret Stoll got to see first hand how well Thomas is playing as he tried to slam home a rebound opportunity only to be met by Thomas and a stellar glove save good enough to be our save of the night. NESN’s Jack Edwards has the call on the video and he gives it the kind of flair we all hope to get out of him when it comes to this pretty of a save.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6