Nov 21, 2010, 9:25 AM EDT
Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins has been one heck of a story this year in the NHL. He’s got four shutouts this year and is a leading candidate to be the comeback player of the year after struggling most of last season with a mix of ineffective play and a wonky hip he had operated on in the off-season. This season he’s putting up ridiculous numbers and relegated last year’s breakout star Tuukka Rask into a backup role. Not bad for an older goalie.
Last night he showed that he’s still got the ability to make the occasional acrobatic save and L.A.’s Jarret Stoll got to see first hand how well Thomas is playing as he tried to slam home a rebound opportunity only to be met by Thomas and a stellar glove save good enough to be our save of the night. NESN’s Jack Edwards has the call on the video and he gives it the kind of flair we all hope to get out of him when it comes to this pretty of a save.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7