Nov 21, 2010, 9:25 AM EDT
Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins has been one heck of a story this year in the NHL. He’s got four shutouts this year and is a leading candidate to be the comeback player of the year after struggling most of last season with a mix of ineffective play and a wonky hip he had operated on in the off-season. This season he’s putting up ridiculous numbers and relegated last year’s breakout star Tuukka Rask into a backup role. Not bad for an older goalie.
Last night he showed that he’s still got the ability to make the occasional acrobatic save and L.A.’s Jarret Stoll got to see first hand how well Thomas is playing as he tried to slam home a rebound opportunity only to be met by Thomas and a stellar glove save good enough to be our save of the night. NESN’s Jack Edwards has the call on the video and he gives it the kind of flair we all hope to get out of him when it comes to this pretty of a save.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25