Nov 21, 2010, 9:25 AM EST
Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins has been one heck of a story this year in the NHL. He’s got four shutouts this year and is a leading candidate to be the comeback player of the year after struggling most of last season with a mix of ineffective play and a wonky hip he had operated on in the off-season. This season he’s putting up ridiculous numbers and relegated last year’s breakout star Tuukka Rask into a backup role. Not bad for an older goalie.
Last night he showed that he’s still got the ability to make the occasional acrobatic save and L.A.’s Jarret Stoll got to see first hand how well Thomas is playing as he tried to slam home a rebound opportunity only to be met by Thomas and a stellar glove save good enough to be our save of the night. NESN’s Jack Edwards has the call on the video and he gives it the kind of flair we all hope to get out of him when it comes to this pretty of a save.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54