Nov 21, 2010, 9:25 AM EDT
Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins has been one heck of a story this year in the NHL. He’s got four shutouts this year and is a leading candidate to be the comeback player of the year after struggling most of last season with a mix of ineffective play and a wonky hip he had operated on in the off-season. This season he’s putting up ridiculous numbers and relegated last year’s breakout star Tuukka Rask into a backup role. Not bad for an older goalie.
Last night he showed that he’s still got the ability to make the occasional acrobatic save and L.A.’s Jarret Stoll got to see first hand how well Thomas is playing as he tried to slam home a rebound opportunity only to be met by Thomas and a stellar glove save good enough to be our save of the night. NESN’s Jack Edwards has the call on the video and he gives it the kind of flair we all hope to get out of him when it comes to this pretty of a save.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 0
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 13
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 18
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 15
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 50
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35