Nov 21, 2010, 11:29 PM EDT
Paul Bissonnette might just be the Paul Shirley of the NHL, a limited professional (scratched for 12 of Phoenix’s 20 games so far this season) who provides plenty of entertainment and is smart enough to take advantage of the opportunity he earned.
The man informally known as @BizNasty2point0 took a minor inconvenience (he apparently lost his cell phone in Edmonton) as an opportunity to make a random King Pin reference and generally react in the funniest way possible.
The Vancouver Sun article on Bissonnette’s conundrum is full of amusing quotes, but here is my favorite segment.
“I put it down for a second and it was gone,” said the 6-3, 225-pounder, who was the last one off the ice at the Coyotes’ optional pre-game skate. “I’m not saying the munson is from Edmonton, but it happened in Edmonton and Karma’s going to speed-bag that donkey.”
For those unfamiliar with the term, Munson originates from the movie King Pin and is slang for a born loser. It’s someone who should be given a wide berth.
“It’s not the phone I’m worried about, it’s all my contacts,” continued Bissonnette, a social media favourite of hockey fans around the globe. “I don’t have it locked and there’s a lot of people in there … Brody Jenner, Tom Green … all the guys I’ve ever played with.
“Shane Doan, Ed Jovanovski, Sidney Crosby are probably going to be getting random calls for a while.”
I don’t know which supposed BizNasty contact is funnier: Jenner or Green. Then again, an imaginary discussion between Bissonnette and Crosby is so difficult to picture that it might be the funniest of them all.
Really, the only misstep is that he revealed his nefarious plans to upstage ubiquitous Canadian pop star Justin Bieber on Twitter (and beyond?).
“I want to pass Justin Bieber – Bieber-Fever, baby – he’s got like 4 million,” he said, tongue firmly planted in his cheek. “I’ve got some work to do, but we’re going to get that going.”
Click here to read the entire amusing article.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)