Nov 21, 2010, 11:29 PM EDT
Paul Bissonnette might just be the Paul Shirley of the NHL, a limited professional (scratched for 12 of Phoenix’s 20 games so far this season) who provides plenty of entertainment and is smart enough to take advantage of the opportunity he earned.
The man informally known as @BizNasty2point0 took a minor inconvenience (he apparently lost his cell phone in Edmonton) as an opportunity to make a random King Pin reference and generally react in the funniest way possible.
The Vancouver Sun article on Bissonnette’s conundrum is full of amusing quotes, but here is my favorite segment.
“I put it down for a second and it was gone,” said the 6-3, 225-pounder, who was the last one off the ice at the Coyotes’ optional pre-game skate. “I’m not saying the munson is from Edmonton, but it happened in Edmonton and Karma’s going to speed-bag that donkey.”
For those unfamiliar with the term, Munson originates from the movie King Pin and is slang for a born loser. It’s someone who should be given a wide berth.
“It’s not the phone I’m worried about, it’s all my contacts,” continued Bissonnette, a social media favourite of hockey fans around the globe. “I don’t have it locked and there’s a lot of people in there … Brody Jenner, Tom Green … all the guys I’ve ever played with.
“Shane Doan, Ed Jovanovski, Sidney Crosby are probably going to be getting random calls for a while.”
I don’t know which supposed BizNasty contact is funnier: Jenner or Green. Then again, an imaginary discussion between Bissonnette and Crosby is so difficult to picture that it might be the funniest of them all.
Really, the only misstep is that he revealed his nefarious plans to upstage ubiquitous Canadian pop star Justin Bieber on Twitter (and beyond?).
“I want to pass Justin Bieber – Bieber-Fever, baby – he’s got like 4 million,” he said, tongue firmly planted in his cheek. “I’ve got some work to do, but we’re going to get that going.”
Click here to read the entire amusing article.
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 0
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 58
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 49
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)