Nov 21, 2010, 11:29 PM EDT
Paul Bissonnette might just be the Paul Shirley of the NHL, a limited professional (scratched for 12 of Phoenix’s 20 games so far this season) who provides plenty of entertainment and is smart enough to take advantage of the opportunity he earned.
The man informally known as @BizNasty2point0 took a minor inconvenience (he apparently lost his cell phone in Edmonton) as an opportunity to make a random King Pin reference and generally react in the funniest way possible.
The Vancouver Sun article on Bissonnette’s conundrum is full of amusing quotes, but here is my favorite segment.
“I put it down for a second and it was gone,” said the 6-3, 225-pounder, who was the last one off the ice at the Coyotes’ optional pre-game skate. “I’m not saying the munson is from Edmonton, but it happened in Edmonton and Karma’s going to speed-bag that donkey.”
For those unfamiliar with the term, Munson originates from the movie King Pin and is slang for a born loser. It’s someone who should be given a wide berth.
“It’s not the phone I’m worried about, it’s all my contacts,” continued Bissonnette, a social media favourite of hockey fans around the globe. “I don’t have it locked and there’s a lot of people in there … Brody Jenner, Tom Green … all the guys I’ve ever played with.
“Shane Doan, Ed Jovanovski, Sidney Crosby are probably going to be getting random calls for a while.”
I don’t know which supposed BizNasty contact is funnier: Jenner or Green. Then again, an imaginary discussion between Bissonnette and Crosby is so difficult to picture that it might be the funniest of them all.
Really, the only misstep is that he revealed his nefarious plans to upstage ubiquitous Canadian pop star Justin Bieber on Twitter (and beyond?).
“I want to pass Justin Bieber – Bieber-Fever, baby – he’s got like 4 million,” he said, tongue firmly planted in his cheek. “I’ve got some work to do, but we’re going to get that going.”
Click here to read the entire amusing article.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)