Nov 21, 2010, 10:35 AM EDT
When you think of the skilled scorers on the Flyers roster, your mind likely floats to names like Daniel Briere, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, or Claude Giroux. Those are all the names that would likely rush to your mind if you were to think about a player on the Flyers roster that would produce a highlight-reel kind of goal and no one could fault you for it. If someone was to tell you that Andreas Nodl would be a candidate for goal of the night, you’d likely look at that person like they had twelve heads.
Well, please feel free to tell me I have twelve heads because Andreas Nodl pulled off the sort of goal that makes you question a lot of things. It makes you wonder how he did it, how goalie Michal Neuvirth managed to get beaten by the shot, and where in the world did Andreas Nodl learn to shoot a backhand that hard. Nodl’s spinning backhanded shot while being pestered near the net by the defense is really a thing of wonder and it easily makes it our goal of the night.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 0
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 12
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6