Nov 21, 2010, 10:35 AM EDT
When you think of the skilled scorers on the Flyers roster, your mind likely floats to names like Daniel Briere, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, or Claude Giroux. Those are all the names that would likely rush to your mind if you were to think about a player on the Flyers roster that would produce a highlight-reel kind of goal and no one could fault you for it. If someone was to tell you that Andreas Nodl would be a candidate for goal of the night, you’d likely look at that person like they had twelve heads.
Well, please feel free to tell me I have twelve heads because Andreas Nodl pulled off the sort of goal that makes you question a lot of things. It makes you wonder how he did it, how goalie Michal Neuvirth managed to get beaten by the shot, and where in the world did Andreas Nodl learn to shoot a backhand that hard. Nodl’s spinning backhanded shot while being pestered near the net by the defense is really a thing of wonder and it easily makes it our goal of the night.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8