Nov 21, 2010, 3:54 PM EST
The Flyers were able to clear their farms system of a problem child while bringing back a familiar name from last season. In a deal that features players more likely to see time in the AHL, the Flyers sent forwards Pat Maroon and David Laliberte to the Anaheim Ducks for defenseman Danny Syvret and forward Rob Bordson.
The name you’ll likely know in this deal is Danny Syvret who spent time last year with the Flyers and saw some time in the NHL throughout the year. Syvret signed with Anaheim as a free agent in the off-season but with the young defensemen in Anaheim rising through the ranks, Syvret saw his chances of cracking the Ducks lineup disappear fast.Returning him to Philadelphia (or Adirondack as it was) gives him a team to be more comfortable with.
Meanwhile, the story with Pat Maroon is a bit more interesting as Ryan Bright of PhilaBright shares with us.
The trade was accelerated by the organization’s need to move Maroon, who was the Phantoms’ top forward, with five goals and three assist in his first nine games. However, clashes with then coach Greg Gilbert, forced the organization to send Maroon home to await relocation. Gilbert was also eventually fired.
Cleaning house in Adirondack was necessary as the Phantoms are 3-14-2 this season. Trading out a headache for familiarity at the organizational level can sometimes be all you need.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)