Nov 21, 2010, 3:54 PM EDT
The Flyers were able to clear their farms system of a problem child while bringing back a familiar name from last season. In a deal that features players more likely to see time in the AHL, the Flyers sent forwards Pat Maroon and David Laliberte to the Anaheim Ducks for defenseman Danny Syvret and forward Rob Bordson.
The name you’ll likely know in this deal is Danny Syvret who spent time last year with the Flyers and saw some time in the NHL throughout the year. Syvret signed with Anaheim as a free agent in the off-season but with the young defensemen in Anaheim rising through the ranks, Syvret saw his chances of cracking the Ducks lineup disappear fast.Returning him to Philadelphia (or Adirondack as it was) gives him a team to be more comfortable with.
Meanwhile, the story with Pat Maroon is a bit more interesting as Ryan Bright of PhilaBright shares with us.
The trade was accelerated by the organization’s need to move Maroon, who was the Phantoms’ top forward, with five goals and three assist in his first nine games. However, clashes with then coach Greg Gilbert, forced the organization to send Maroon home to await relocation. Gilbert was also eventually fired.
Cleaning house in Adirondack was necessary as the Phantoms are 3-14-2 this season. Trading out a headache for familiarity at the organizational level can sometimes be all you need.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)