Nov 20, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Even in happy moments, trade rumors bring a bit of solemnity to a situation for some. (People like me, specifically.)
Who knows if Jarome Iginla will ever be traded from the Calgary Flames? Obviously, the team shot down those Iginla-to-L.A. rumors with gusto. Then again, it’s hard not to be cynical about such denials, especially in the long sports tradition of votes of confidence transforming into pink slips in a matter of weeks.
So I’d hate to say it, but perhaps this video clip will strike some as bittersweet. Could this be Iginla’s final hat trick as a member of the Flames? There’s no way to know for certain, so instead, try to enjoy it.
You know, now that kind of ruined it. Sorry about that, folks.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)