Nov 20, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Even in happy moments, trade rumors bring a bit of solemnity to a situation for some. (People like me, specifically.)
Who knows if Jarome Iginla will ever be traded from the Calgary Flames? Obviously, the team shot down those Iginla-to-L.A. rumors with gusto. Then again, it’s hard not to be cynical about such denials, especially in the long sports tradition of votes of confidence transforming into pink slips in a matter of weeks.
So I’d hate to say it, but perhaps this video clip will strike some as bittersweet. Could this be Iginla’s final hat trick as a member of the Flames? There’s no way to know for certain, so instead, try to enjoy it.
You know, now that kind of ruined it. Sorry about that, folks.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22