Nov 20, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
Even in happy moments, trade rumors bring a bit of solemnity to a situation for some. (People like me, specifically.)
Who knows if Jarome Iginla will ever be traded from the Calgary Flames? Obviously, the team shot down those Iginla-to-L.A. rumors with gusto. Then again, it’s hard not to be cynical about such denials, especially in the long sports tradition of votes of confidence transforming into pink slips in a matter of weeks.
So I’d hate to say it, but perhaps this video clip will strike some as bittersweet. Could this be Iginla’s final hat trick as a member of the Flames? There’s no way to know for certain, so instead, try to enjoy it.
You know, now that kind of ruined it. Sorry about that, folks.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54