Nov 20, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
Even in happy moments, trade rumors bring a bit of solemnity to a situation for some. (People like me, specifically.)
Who knows if Jarome Iginla will ever be traded from the Calgary Flames? Obviously, the team shot down those Iginla-to-L.A. rumors with gusto. Then again, it’s hard not to be cynical about such denials, especially in the long sports tradition of votes of confidence transforming into pink slips in a matter of weeks.
So I’d hate to say it, but perhaps this video clip will strike some as bittersweet. Could this be Iginla’s final hat trick as a member of the Flames? There’s no way to know for certain, so instead, try to enjoy it.
You know, now that kind of ruined it. Sorry about that, folks.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)