Nov 20, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Even in happy moments, trade rumors bring a bit of solemnity to a situation for some. (People like me, specifically.)
Who knows if Jarome Iginla will ever be traded from the Calgary Flames? Obviously, the team shot down those Iginla-to-L.A. rumors with gusto. Then again, it’s hard not to be cynical about such denials, especially in the long sports tradition of votes of confidence transforming into pink slips in a matter of weeks.
So I’d hate to say it, but perhaps this video clip will strike some as bittersweet. Could this be Iginla’s final hat trick as a member of the Flames? There’s no way to know for certain, so instead, try to enjoy it.
You know, now that kind of ruined it. Sorry about that, folks.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)