Nov 20, 2010, 8:22 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Chicago @ Vancouver – 10:00 pm
Chicago’s starter: Corey Crawford gets the call in net tonight after Marty Turco took a beating last night in Calgary’s 7-2 win over Chicago.
Vancouver’s starter: Roberto Luongo will start tonight. He’s got to get over that whole thing with the Blackhawks someday right?
Columbus @ San Jose – 10:30 pm
Columbus’ likely starter: We’re thinking that Mathieu Garon will get the call tonight. Steve Mason started last night against Anaheim and it would make sense to give Garon the call on the road after having played last night.
San Jose’s starter: Antero Niittymaki gets the call for San Jose tonight.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)