Nov 20, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild earned the win by way of John Madden’s overtime goal. And, to be honest, Jose Theodore had a much better game, stopping 41 out of the Detroit Red Wings’ 44 shots to earn the win.
In other words, the Wild earned the meat and potatoes/dominated in the “substance” category.
But when it comes to style, Jimmy Howard took the cake. OK, sure, the rebound shot could have been better, but Howard obliged to ham it up and made a delightful acrobatic save. Click on the video below to watch it.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 15
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 69
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 91
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)