Nov 20, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
The Minnesota Wild earned the win by way of John Madden’s overtime goal. And, to be honest, Jose Theodore had a much better game, stopping 41 out of the Detroit Red Wings’ 44 shots to earn the win.
In other words, the Wild earned the meat and potatoes/dominated in the “substance” category.
But when it comes to style, Jimmy Howard took the cake. OK, sure, the rebound shot could have been better, but Howard obliged to ham it up and made a delightful acrobatic save. Click on the video below to watch it.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 11
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)