Nov 20, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild earned the win by way of John Madden’s overtime goal. And, to be honest, Jose Theodore had a much better game, stopping 41 out of the Detroit Red Wings’ 44 shots to earn the win.
In other words, the Wild earned the meat and potatoes/dominated in the “substance” category.
But when it comes to style, Jimmy Howard took the cake. OK, sure, the rebound shot could have been better, but Howard obliged to ham it up and made a delightful acrobatic save. Click on the video below to watch it.
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 40
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)