Nov 20, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild earned the win by way of John Madden’s overtime goal. And, to be honest, Jose Theodore had a much better game, stopping 41 out of the Detroit Red Wings’ 44 shots to earn the win.
In other words, the Wild earned the meat and potatoes/dominated in the “substance” category.
But when it comes to style, Jimmy Howard took the cake. OK, sure, the rebound shot could have been better, but Howard obliged to ham it up and made a delightful acrobatic save. Click on the video below to watch it.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 12
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 34
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 72
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'