Nov 20, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild earned the win by way of John Madden’s overtime goal. And, to be honest, Jose Theodore had a much better game, stopping 41 out of the Detroit Red Wings’ 44 shots to earn the win.
In other words, the Wild earned the meat and potatoes/dominated in the “substance” category.
But when it comes to style, Jimmy Howard took the cake. OK, sure, the rebound shot could have been better, but Howard obliged to ham it up and made a delightful acrobatic save. Click on the video below to watch it.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5