Nov 20, 2010, 3:34 PM EST
This news can be good news or bad news depending on how you look at it.
Rich Chere of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that doctors recommended that Martin Brodeur rest his elbow for “approximately 10 days” after he got an MRI on Friday. Apparently Lou Lamoriello passed along word that he should “do nothing for the next four or five days to get the swelling down.” (Surely this will produce jokes about him not being able to lift hamburgers, or something.)
The oddest bit of information is that doctors apparently said that the rest should last for a “maximum of two weeks.”
Considering how often Brodeur plays when he is healthy, New Jersey would be wise to give him plenty of time to recover. Here are a few more details about the MRI and his injury situation, via Rich Chere.
Brodeur had an MRI and has been told to rest his bruised right elbow for approximately 10 days.
That would mean he’d be out until early December and would likely miss at least five games. The Devils play the Montreal Canadiens at home on Dec. 2, which is surely a game Brodeur will not want to miss.
“He had an MRI yesterday. He was examined by all our own doctors, including the doctors that did the surgery on his other arm,” Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said today. “Every MRI was negative. There is nothing structurally (damaged) there.”
So it sounds like he’ll be out between 10 and 14 days, but these things can change. We’ll keep you updated as Brodeur approaches his return.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)