Nov 20, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
This news can be good news or bad news depending on how you look at it.
Rich Chere of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that doctors recommended that Martin Brodeur rest his elbow for “approximately 10 days” after he got an MRI on Friday. Apparently Lou Lamoriello passed along word that he should “do nothing for the next four or five days to get the swelling down.” (Surely this will produce jokes about him not being able to lift hamburgers, or something.)
The oddest bit of information is that doctors apparently said that the rest should last for a “maximum of two weeks.”
Considering how often Brodeur plays when he is healthy, New Jersey would be wise to give him plenty of time to recover. Here are a few more details about the MRI and his injury situation, via Rich Chere.
Brodeur had an MRI and has been told to rest his bruised right elbow for approximately 10 days.
That would mean he’d be out until early December and would likely miss at least five games. The Devils play the Montreal Canadiens at home on Dec. 2, which is surely a game Brodeur will not want to miss.
“He had an MRI yesterday. He was examined by all our own doctors, including the doctors that did the surgery on his other arm,” Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said today. “Every MRI was negative. There is nothing structurally (damaged) there.”
So it sounds like he’ll be out between 10 and 14 days, but these things can change. We’ll keep you updated as Brodeur approaches his return.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)