Nov 19, 2010, 12:18 AM EDT
Earlier this evening, I presented what I thought should be Colin Campbell’s plan of attack on how he should address the talk going on around about his recently revealed e-mails. I hoped that Campbell would opt for the sympathetic approach and own up to saying some things via e-mail that would call into question his ability to rule with a clear and objective mind.
Instead, Campbell offered no regrets about what he said, no apologies for Marc Savard, and no surrender to those who call for him to own up to making mistakes with his job. Like it or not, Campbell (and the NHL) are making their case on this entire matter and hoping that we’ll be satisfied with their convictions.
I suspect that this appearance by Campbell won’t help many fans feel satisfied. Here’s the video and… Yes, they really did start off by asking him about the suspensions to Mattias Ritola and Olli Jokinen just as I feared they would. Do you buy what Colin Campbell is selling? Let us know in the comments.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)