Nov 19, 2010, 12:18 AM EDT
Earlier this evening, I presented what I thought should be Colin Campbell’s plan of attack on how he should address the talk going on around about his recently revealed e-mails. I hoped that Campbell would opt for the sympathetic approach and own up to saying some things via e-mail that would call into question his ability to rule with a clear and objective mind.
Instead, Campbell offered no regrets about what he said, no apologies for Marc Savard, and no surrender to those who call for him to own up to making mistakes with his job. Like it or not, Campbell (and the NHL) are making their case on this entire matter and hoping that we’ll be satisfied with their convictions.
I suspect that this appearance by Campbell won’t help many fans feel satisfied. Here’s the video and… Yes, they really did start off by asking him about the suspensions to Mattias Ritola and Olli Jokinen just as I feared they would. Do you buy what Colin Campbell is selling? Let us know in the comments.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 18
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)