Nov 19, 2010, 12:18 AM EDT
Earlier this evening, I presented what I thought should be Colin Campbell’s plan of attack on how he should address the talk going on around about his recently revealed e-mails. I hoped that Campbell would opt for the sympathetic approach and own up to saying some things via e-mail that would call into question his ability to rule with a clear and objective mind.
Instead, Campbell offered no regrets about what he said, no apologies for Marc Savard, and no surrender to those who call for him to own up to making mistakes with his job. Like it or not, Campbell (and the NHL) are making their case on this entire matter and hoping that we’ll be satisfied with their convictions.
I suspect that this appearance by Campbell won’t help many fans feel satisfied. Here’s the video and… Yes, they really did start off by asking him about the suspensions to Mattias Ritola and Olli Jokinen just as I feared they would. Do you buy what Colin Campbell is selling? Let us know in the comments.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38