Nov 19, 2010, 12:18 AM EDT
Earlier this evening, I presented what I thought should be Colin Campbell’s plan of attack on how he should address the talk going on around about his recently revealed e-mails. I hoped that Campbell would opt for the sympathetic approach and own up to saying some things via e-mail that would call into question his ability to rule with a clear and objective mind.
Instead, Campbell offered no regrets about what he said, no apologies for Marc Savard, and no surrender to those who call for him to own up to making mistakes with his job. Like it or not, Campbell (and the NHL) are making their case on this entire matter and hoping that we’ll be satisfied with their convictions.
I suspect that this appearance by Campbell won’t help many fans feel satisfied. Here’s the video and… Yes, they really did start off by asking him about the suspensions to Mattias Ritola and Olli Jokinen just as I feared they would. Do you buy what Colin Campbell is selling? Let us know in the comments.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 58
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 5
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 29
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 15
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination