Nov 19, 2010, 12:18 AM EDT
Earlier this evening, I presented what I thought should be Colin Campbell’s plan of attack on how he should address the talk going on around about his recently revealed e-mails. I hoped that Campbell would opt for the sympathetic approach and own up to saying some things via e-mail that would call into question his ability to rule with a clear and objective mind.
Instead, Campbell offered no regrets about what he said, no apologies for Marc Savard, and no surrender to those who call for him to own up to making mistakes with his job. Like it or not, Campbell (and the NHL) are making their case on this entire matter and hoping that we’ll be satisfied with their convictions.
I suspect that this appearance by Campbell won’t help many fans feel satisfied. Here’s the video and… Yes, they really did start off by asking him about the suspensions to Mattias Ritola and Olli Jokinen just as I feared they would. Do you buy what Colin Campbell is selling? Let us know in the comments.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)