Nov 19, 2010, 9:40 PM EDT
When two teams combine for 15 goals in one wild game, it’s pretty understandable that a mistake or two might have been made when it comes to keeping track of who scored and who didn’t.
Then again, if anyone can spare a point or two, it’s superhuman scorer Steve Stamkos.
Before changes were made, it looked like Stamkos scored three goals and notched two assists. (Click here for video of his hat trick from last night.)
Instead, Damian Cristodero reports that Stamkos will have to settle for three goals and one assist, lowering his season total to 34 points in 19 games. Gosh, what a slacker.
Stamkos, who ended with three goals and an assist, lost an assist on Ryan Malone’s goal that tied the score 3-3 in the first period. That assist went to Teddy Purcell instead. That gives Stamkos 19 goals and 15 assists on the season for 34 points.
On Adam Hall’s goal that tied the score 2-2, the assists went from Victor Hedman and Sean Bergenheim to Nate Thompson and Hedman. That gave Thompson, who scored the winning goal, a two-point game.
Now that we’re beyond that point, it’s time for more constructive discussions. How about 50 goals in 50 games for Stamkos?
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)