Nov 19, 2010, 9:40 PM EST
When two teams combine for 15 goals in one wild game, it’s pretty understandable that a mistake or two might have been made when it comes to keeping track of who scored and who didn’t.
Then again, if anyone can spare a point or two, it’s superhuman scorer Steve Stamkos.
Before changes were made, it looked like Stamkos scored three goals and notched two assists. (Click here for video of his hat trick from last night.)
Instead, Damian Cristodero reports that Stamkos will have to settle for three goals and one assist, lowering his season total to 34 points in 19 games. Gosh, what a slacker.
Stamkos, who ended with three goals and an assist, lost an assist on Ryan Malone’s goal that tied the score 3-3 in the first period. That assist went to Teddy Purcell instead. That gives Stamkos 19 goals and 15 assists on the season for 34 points.
On Adam Hall’s goal that tied the score 2-2, the assists went from Victor Hedman and Sean Bergenheim to Nate Thompson and Hedman. That gave Thompson, who scored the winning goal, a two-point game.
Now that we’re beyond that point, it’s time for more constructive discussions. How about 50 goals in 50 games for Stamkos?
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 0
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 7
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45