Nov 19, 2010, 9:40 PM EDT
When two teams combine for 15 goals in one wild game, it’s pretty understandable that a mistake or two might have been made when it comes to keeping track of who scored and who didn’t.
Then again, if anyone can spare a point or two, it’s superhuman scorer Steve Stamkos.
Before changes were made, it looked like Stamkos scored three goals and notched two assists. (Click here for video of his hat trick from last night.)
Instead, Damian Cristodero reports that Stamkos will have to settle for three goals and one assist, lowering his season total to 34 points in 19 games. Gosh, what a slacker.
Stamkos, who ended with three goals and an assist, lost an assist on Ryan Malone’s goal that tied the score 3-3 in the first period. That assist went to Teddy Purcell instead. That gives Stamkos 19 goals and 15 assists on the season for 34 points.
On Adam Hall’s goal that tied the score 2-2, the assists went from Victor Hedman and Sean Bergenheim to Nate Thompson and Hedman. That gave Thompson, who scored the winning goal, a two-point game.
Now that we’re beyond that point, it’s time for more constructive discussions. How about 50 goals in 50 games for Stamkos?
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)