Nov 19, 2010, 9:40 PM EST
When two teams combine for 15 goals in one wild game, it’s pretty understandable that a mistake or two might have been made when it comes to keeping track of who scored and who didn’t.
Then again, if anyone can spare a point or two, it’s superhuman scorer Steve Stamkos.
Before changes were made, it looked like Stamkos scored three goals and notched two assists. (Click here for video of his hat trick from last night.)
Instead, Damian Cristodero reports that Stamkos will have to settle for three goals and one assist, lowering his season total to 34 points in 19 games. Gosh, what a slacker.
Stamkos, who ended with three goals and an assist, lost an assist on Ryan Malone’s goal that tied the score 3-3 in the first period. That assist went to Teddy Purcell instead. That gives Stamkos 19 goals and 15 assists on the season for 34 points.
On Adam Hall’s goal that tied the score 2-2, the assists went from Victor Hedman and Sean Bergenheim to Nate Thompson and Hedman. That gave Thompson, who scored the winning goal, a two-point game.
Now that we’re beyond that point, it’s time for more constructive discussions. How about 50 goals in 50 games for Stamkos?
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)