Nov 19, 2010, 9:40 PM EDT
When two teams combine for 15 goals in one wild game, it’s pretty understandable that a mistake or two might have been made when it comes to keeping track of who scored and who didn’t.
Then again, if anyone can spare a point or two, it’s superhuman scorer Steve Stamkos.
Before changes were made, it looked like Stamkos scored three goals and notched two assists. (Click here for video of his hat trick from last night.)
Instead, Damian Cristodero reports that Stamkos will have to settle for three goals and one assist, lowering his season total to 34 points in 19 games. Gosh, what a slacker.
Stamkos, who ended with three goals and an assist, lost an assist on Ryan Malone’s goal that tied the score 3-3 in the first period. That assist went to Teddy Purcell instead. That gives Stamkos 19 goals and 15 assists on the season for 34 points.
On Adam Hall’s goal that tied the score 2-2, the assists went from Victor Hedman and Sean Bergenheim to Nate Thompson and Hedman. That gave Thompson, who scored the winning goal, a two-point game.
Now that we’re beyond that point, it’s time for more constructive discussions. How about 50 goals in 50 games for Stamkos?
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)