Nov 19, 2010, 9:25 AM EST
While last night’s game turned out to be another nightmare for the San Jose Sharks, they were at least spared being the victim of a highly embarrassing highlight at the hands of the funny bounce gods. Antti Niemi was able to keep it together long enough to to get his toe to the post when a Stephan Robidas dump in took a funny hop off the glass in Dallas and came right out in front of Niemi.
Niemi was able to make the stop on the fluke shot by Robidas, but it would be Mike Ribeiro who would haunt Niemi later on scoring both the game-tying and game-winning goals in a 5-4 Stars win in overtime. As for Niemi’s save, check out the cat-like reflexes by the Finn.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 53
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12