Nov 19, 2010, 9:25 AM EDT
While last night’s game turned out to be another nightmare for the San Jose Sharks, they were at least spared being the victim of a highly embarrassing highlight at the hands of the funny bounce gods. Antti Niemi was able to keep it together long enough to to get his toe to the post when a Stephan Robidas dump in took a funny hop off the glass in Dallas and came right out in front of Niemi.
Niemi was able to make the stop on the fluke shot by Robidas, but it would be Mike Ribeiro who would haunt Niemi later on scoring both the game-tying and game-winning goals in a 5-4 Stars win in overtime. As for Niemi’s save, check out the cat-like reflexes by the Finn.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5