Nov 19, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
It’s not every day that the NHL and its fans reach a consensus, but in the case of Olli Jokinen’s senseless cross-check on Wojtek Wolski, it seems like that is the case. For the most part, at least.
After learning that the league handed Jokinen a three game suspension for the act, we decided to ask PHT readers how they felt about the situation.
As you can see from the poll results below, the largest group of readers agreed that three games is an appropriate punishment for Jokinen’s actions. Considering the kind of criticism (some justified, some a little bit excessive) thrown Colin Campbell and the NHL’s way, I imagine they would be glad to hear about every little bit of positive reinforcement.
As you can see, “three games was just right” received the most votes (33 of 91, for 36.26 percent) while 22 voters thought he should have received more games, 24 thought he should have received less and 12 voters believed there shouldn’t have been a suspension at all.
It’s always nice to find out how readers feel regarding the league’s decisions and it’s honestly a bit refreshing to find out that the hockey world can come to some kind of agreement on things from time to time.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires