Nov 19, 2010, 11:21 PM EDT
Ever since Larry Bird and Michael Jordan competed over which superstar player would receive a McDonald’s meal that – let’s face it, at that point would have been ice cold – different sports marketers keep putting their own spin on the “athlete doing unthinkable things” gimmick.
(Who can forget that doctored video of Kobe Bryant jumping over an Ashton Martin car?)
Well, Reebok is throwing their name in that advertising hat with a series of advertisements featuring Sidney Crosby and their new sticks. We already showed you the first spot, which features Crosby’s slap shots “moving” a net and then firing a shot against the glass that must have frightened the camera man (or something).
Even if it’s free advertising and what not, we figure that the spots are entertaining enough to post. Here is the second in that series, which features Crosby aiming a shot at one puck and then powering down a bunch of them after that. This one seems more “realistic” but we’ll leave it to you all to debate the video’s validity in the comments.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7