Nov 19, 2010, 11:21 PM EDT
Ever since Larry Bird and Michael Jordan competed over which superstar player would receive a McDonald’s meal that – let’s face it, at that point would have been ice cold – different sports marketers keep putting their own spin on the “athlete doing unthinkable things” gimmick.
(Who can forget that doctored video of Kobe Bryant jumping over an Ashton Martin car?)
Well, Reebok is throwing their name in that advertising hat with a series of advertisements featuring Sidney Crosby and their new sticks. We already showed you the first spot, which features Crosby’s slap shots “moving” a net and then firing a shot against the glass that must have frightened the camera man (or something).
Even if it’s free advertising and what not, we figure that the spots are entertaining enough to post. Here is the second in that series, which features Crosby aiming a shot at one puck and then powering down a bunch of them after that. This one seems more “realistic” but we’ll leave it to you all to debate the video’s validity in the comments.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32