Nov 19, 2010, 11:21 PM EDT
Ever since Larry Bird and Michael Jordan competed over which superstar player would receive a McDonald’s meal that – let’s face it, at that point would have been ice cold – different sports marketers keep putting their own spin on the “athlete doing unthinkable things” gimmick.
(Who can forget that doctored video of Kobe Bryant jumping over an Ashton Martin car?)
Well, Reebok is throwing their name in that advertising hat with a series of advertisements featuring Sidney Crosby and their new sticks. We already showed you the first spot, which features Crosby’s slap shots “moving” a net and then firing a shot against the glass that must have frightened the camera man (or something).
Even if it’s free advertising and what not, we figure that the spots are entertaining enough to post. Here is the second in that series, which features Crosby aiming a shot at one puck and then powering down a bunch of them after that. This one seems more “realistic” but we’ll leave it to you all to debate the video’s validity in the comments.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39