Nov 18, 2010, 2:01 PM EST
Earlier this afternoon, we passed along news that Tampa Bay Lightning forward Mattias Ritola received a two-game suspension for a hit on New York Islanders forward Matt Moulson.
The problem was that we weren’t able to find any video evidence of the hit.
As the league tends to do, the suspension was handed down and then the video became available. As you can see from the clip posted at the bottom of this article, Ritola hit Moulson from behind/the side and clearly left his feet for a second to administer the hit.
It strikes me as a less violent version of the Niklas Hjalmarsson hit on Jason Pominville from earlier this season. The thing that really made it an easy suspension was how prone Moulson was in that situation and the fact that Ritola left his feet.
Do you think the suspension was appropriate? Or was it too long or too short? Let us know in the comments.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 2
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 2
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8