Nov 18, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
There were two hat tricks scored last night, each by two franchise players. The best part: neither one of them needed an empty-netter to get there.
Jonathan Toews gets top-of-the-post treatment because he scored a natural hat trick. In fact, I think he deserves bonus points by scoring the first three goals of the game, period. As usual, most of the tallies were of the muck-and-grind type that Toews is so proficient at scoring. Here is Toews’ trio:
Meanwhile, at the bottom of the post, you have Eric Staal’s three goals. He had the best night of the two, as he added two assists to his total as the Carolina Hurricanes blew away the Ottawa Senators by a score of 7-1. The first of those goals was actually Staal’s 200th career goal, by the way.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4