Nov 18, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were two hat tricks scored last night, each by two franchise players. The best part: neither one of them needed an empty-netter to get there.
Jonathan Toews gets top-of-the-post treatment because he scored a natural hat trick. In fact, I think he deserves bonus points by scoring the first three goals of the game, period. As usual, most of the tallies were of the muck-and-grind type that Toews is so proficient at scoring. Here is Toews’ trio:
Meanwhile, at the bottom of the post, you have Eric Staal’s three goals. He had the best night of the two, as he added two assists to his total as the Carolina Hurricanes blew away the Ottawa Senators by a score of 7-1. The first of those goals was actually Staal’s 200th career goal, by the way.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5