Nov 18, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were two hat tricks scored last night, each by two franchise players. The best part: neither one of them needed an empty-netter to get there.
Jonathan Toews gets top-of-the-post treatment because he scored a natural hat trick. In fact, I think he deserves bonus points by scoring the first three goals of the game, period. As usual, most of the tallies were of the muck-and-grind type that Toews is so proficient at scoring. Here is Toews’ trio:
Meanwhile, at the bottom of the post, you have Eric Staal’s three goals. He had the best night of the two, as he added two assists to his total as the Carolina Hurricanes blew away the Ottawa Senators by a score of 7-1. The first of those goals was actually Staal’s 200th career goal, by the way.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 8
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 15
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28