Nov 18, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
7:00 PM ET games
New Jersey @ Toronto
Likely New Jersey starter: Martin Brodeur – You cannot really fault the Devils for being loyal to their perennial starter, can you? (Source: Tom Gulitti.)
Likely Toronto starter: Jonas Gustavsson – With J.S. Giguere injured, “The Monster” is the obvious choice. (Source: James Mirtle.)
Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia
Likely Tampa Bay starter: Dan Ellis – Want proof that Ellis is the starter? He’s playing in back-to-back games after beating the Islanders last night. (Source: Erik Erlendsson.)
Likely Philadelphia starter: Sergei Bobrovsky – Sounds like Bob will get his 12th consecutive start. Does anyone else think that might be a bit much for the impressive rookie? (Source: NHL.com.)
Florida @ Boston
Likely Florida starter: Scott Clemmensen – Not totally sure about this, but Tomas Vokoun had to make 38 saves in his last start so he might need a breather.
Likely Boston starter: Tim Thomas – He played last night, so it’s really a coin toss between Thomas and Tuukka Rask. I’m leaning slightly toward Thomas in this one.
7:30 PM ET game
Nashville @ Montreal
Likely Nashville starter: Pekka Rinne (Source: Tony Marinaro.)
Likely Montreal starter: Carey Price – He’s absolutely at the top of his game right now. (Source: Habs Inside Out.)
8:30 PM ET game
San Jose @ Dallas
Likely San Jose starter: Antti Niemi – I’m guessing the Sharks will give their 1b a start because Antero Niittymaki played on the road against the Colorado Avalanche last night. This is just a gut reaction, though.
Likely Dallas starter: Kari Lehtonen – As long as there isn’t a back-to-back – or an injury – Lehtonen will be the odds-on favorite to receive the start. (Source: Defending Big D.)
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 21
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 34
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51