Nov 18, 2010, 11:59 PM EDT
If you were growing tired of seeing players score hat tricks across the NHL, tonight was a bad night for you. Also, you’d be a complete weirdo and probably pining for the “glory days” of the late 1990s. Sorry bub, you’re going to have to move along. In Boston, Milan Lucic padded his burgeoning goal total by netting a natural hat trick in a 4-0 win over the Florida Panthers. Lucic netted his 8th, 9th, and 10th goals of the year and after scoring just nine goals last year in 50 games, it appears that Lucic may have found his touch around the net once again.
As for Steven Stamkos, he had a career night in Philadelphia scoring a hat trick and netting five points in all in the Lightning’s ridiculous 8-7 win over the Flyers. Stamkos’ league-leading goal total jumps to 19 this season with the hat trick. 19 goals in 19 games is a pretty impressive total. And if you think we’re wondering whether or not he can do what Brett Hull was the last to officially do back in 1991-1992, score 50 goals in 50 games, yeah we’re curious.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 19
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 45
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10