Nov 18, 2010, 11:59 PM EDT
If you were growing tired of seeing players score hat tricks across the NHL, tonight was a bad night for you. Also, you’d be a complete weirdo and probably pining for the “glory days” of the late 1990s. Sorry bub, you’re going to have to move along. In Boston, Milan Lucic padded his burgeoning goal total by netting a natural hat trick in a 4-0 win over the Florida Panthers. Lucic netted his 8th, 9th, and 10th goals of the year and after scoring just nine goals last year in 50 games, it appears that Lucic may have found his touch around the net once again.
As for Steven Stamkos, he had a career night in Philadelphia scoring a hat trick and netting five points in all in the Lightning’s ridiculous 8-7 win over the Flyers. Stamkos’ league-leading goal total jumps to 19 this season with the hat trick. 19 goals in 19 games is a pretty impressive total. And if you think we’re wondering whether or not he can do what Brett Hull was the last to officially do back in 1991-1992, score 50 goals in 50 games, yeah we’re curious.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5