Nov 18, 2010, 11:59 PM EST
If you were growing tired of seeing players score hat tricks across the NHL, tonight was a bad night for you. Also, you’d be a complete weirdo and probably pining for the “glory days” of the late 1990s. Sorry bub, you’re going to have to move along. In Boston, Milan Lucic padded his burgeoning goal total by netting a natural hat trick in a 4-0 win over the Florida Panthers. Lucic netted his 8th, 9th, and 10th goals of the year and after scoring just nine goals last year in 50 games, it appears that Lucic may have found his touch around the net once again.
As for Steven Stamkos, he had a career night in Philadelphia scoring a hat trick and netting five points in all in the Lightning’s ridiculous 8-7 win over the Flyers. Stamkos’ league-leading goal total jumps to 19 this season with the hat trick. 19 goals in 19 games is a pretty impressive total. And if you think we’re wondering whether or not he can do what Brett Hull was the last to officially do back in 1991-1992, score 50 goals in 50 games, yeah we’re curious.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54