Nov 18, 2010, 11:59 PM EST
If you were growing tired of seeing players score hat tricks across the NHL, tonight was a bad night for you. Also, you’d be a complete weirdo and probably pining for the “glory days” of the late 1990s. Sorry bub, you’re going to have to move along. In Boston, Milan Lucic padded his burgeoning goal total by netting a natural hat trick in a 4-0 win over the Florida Panthers. Lucic netted his 8th, 9th, and 10th goals of the year and after scoring just nine goals last year in 50 games, it appears that Lucic may have found his touch around the net once again.
As for Steven Stamkos, he had a career night in Philadelphia scoring a hat trick and netting five points in all in the Lightning’s ridiculous 8-7 win over the Flyers. Stamkos’ league-leading goal total jumps to 19 this season with the hat trick. 19 goals in 19 games is a pretty impressive total. And if you think we’re wondering whether or not he can do what Brett Hull was the last to officially do back in 1991-1992, score 50 goals in 50 games, yeah we’re curious.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 25
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33