Nov 18, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Not a whole lot is going well for the New York Islanders right now, as the team hasn’t won a game in its last 11 tries.
One person who shouldn’t receive too much blame is goalie Dwayne Roloson, though. He came into tonight’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning with an ugly record (now at 2-8-1 after the loss) yet his individual numbers have been pretty solid. He came into that game with a 91.5 save percentage and stopped 36 out of 39 shots last night.
His best save might have come when he was a bit out of position, but it proved that Rolo won’t give up. Even if some might say that his teammates have done so. Check out the save below.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)