Nov 18, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
For the night’s first nine games, click here.
It seems like things are going back to normal in the NHL. The Red Wings dominated the Blues, the Penguins are winning again, the Capitals are the best team in the East and the bad teams are bad again. Chicago did its part by shutting down the back-to-reality Edmonton Oilers, who are now on a five game losing streak. Jonathan Toews scored a natural hat trick while Marty Turco only needed 18 saves to earn a shutout.
Speaking of things going back to normal, Ilya Bryzgalov had an amazing game tonight, stopping 39 out of 40 shots to help the rising Coyotes beat the falling Flames. Miikka Kiprusoff wasn’t half-bad either, stopping 28 out of 30 shots in a losing effort. Wojtek Wolski scored the best goal of the game and seems like he’s found a solid home in Phoenix.
Well, I cannot say I really saw this one coming. The Kings lost their first home game of the season against the Blue Jackets, although Columbus is awfully scrappy; they’re a sturdy 5-1 on the road after beating the Kings. Steve Mason outplayed Jonathan Bernier in this one, allowing three goals on 36 shots while Bernier allowed four on 25.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 3
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)