Nov 18, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
For the night’s first nine games, click here.
It seems like things are going back to normal in the NHL. The Red Wings dominated the Blues, the Penguins are winning again, the Capitals are the best team in the East and the bad teams are bad again. Chicago did its part by shutting down the back-to-reality Edmonton Oilers, who are now on a five game losing streak. Jonathan Toews scored a natural hat trick while Marty Turco only needed 18 saves to earn a shutout.
Speaking of things going back to normal, Ilya Bryzgalov had an amazing game tonight, stopping 39 out of 40 shots to help the rising Coyotes beat the falling Flames. Miikka Kiprusoff wasn’t half-bad either, stopping 28 out of 30 shots in a losing effort. Wojtek Wolski scored the best goal of the game and seems like he’s found a solid home in Phoenix.
Well, I cannot say I really saw this one coming. The Kings lost their first home game of the season against the Blue Jackets, although Columbus is awfully scrappy; they’re a sturdy 5-1 on the road after beating the Kings. Steve Mason outplayed Jonathan Bernier in this one, allowing three goals on 36 shots while Bernier allowed four on 25.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 152
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)