Nov 18, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
For the night’s first nine games, click here.
It seems like things are going back to normal in the NHL. The Red Wings dominated the Blues, the Penguins are winning again, the Capitals are the best team in the East and the bad teams are bad again. Chicago did its part by shutting down the back-to-reality Edmonton Oilers, who are now on a five game losing streak. Jonathan Toews scored a natural hat trick while Marty Turco only needed 18 saves to earn a shutout.
Speaking of things going back to normal, Ilya Bryzgalov had an amazing game tonight, stopping 39 out of 40 shots to help the rising Coyotes beat the falling Flames. Miikka Kiprusoff wasn’t half-bad either, stopping 28 out of 30 shots in a losing effort. Wojtek Wolski scored the best goal of the game and seems like he’s found a solid home in Phoenix.
Well, I cannot say I really saw this one coming. The Kings lost their first home game of the season against the Blue Jackets, although Columbus is awfully scrappy; they’re a sturdy 5-1 on the road after beating the Kings. Steve Mason outplayed Jonathan Bernier in this one, allowing three goals on 36 shots while Bernier allowed four on 25.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)