Nov 18, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
For the night’s first nine games, click here.
It seems like things are going back to normal in the NHL. The Red Wings dominated the Blues, the Penguins are winning again, the Capitals are the best team in the East and the bad teams are bad again. Chicago did its part by shutting down the back-to-reality Edmonton Oilers, who are now on a five game losing streak. Jonathan Toews scored a natural hat trick while Marty Turco only needed 18 saves to earn a shutout.
Speaking of things going back to normal, Ilya Bryzgalov had an amazing game tonight, stopping 39 out of 40 shots to help the rising Coyotes beat the falling Flames. Miikka Kiprusoff wasn’t half-bad either, stopping 28 out of 30 shots in a losing effort. Wojtek Wolski scored the best goal of the game and seems like he’s found a solid home in Phoenix.
Well, I cannot say I really saw this one coming. The Kings lost their first home game of the season against the Blue Jackets, although Columbus is awfully scrappy; they’re a sturdy 5-1 on the road after beating the Kings. Steve Mason outplayed Jonathan Bernier in this one, allowing three goals on 36 shots while Bernier allowed four on 25.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 1
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 22
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)