Nov 18, 2010, 2:19 PM EDT
Calgary Flames center Olli Jokinen is often the target of derision for his “soft” play, yet he is the author of occasional moments of violence. Unfortunately, those moments can be just as regrettable.
Take, for instance, last night’s low moment. As you can see about 50 seconds into this clip from TSN, Jokinen clearly cross-checked Phoenix Coyotes forward Wojtek Wolski in the head in a senseless act of violence.
Jokinen was assessed a five-minute major and game misconduct for the cross-check during the game, but TSN reports that he might face further discipline from the league. He had a conference call with the NHL today, but word hasn’t surfaced yet regarding a suspension, fine or simply a slap on the wrist.
There isn’t any official video of the incident just yet, but I decided to screen capture the cross-check from that TSN video. It’s a bit difficult to make out the incident, but it’s on the top of the image, next to the two teams’ benches.
What do you think? Does Olli Jokinen deserve a fine, suspension or just a stern talking-to? Let us know in the comments.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6