Nov 18, 2010, 2:19 PM EDT
Calgary Flames center Olli Jokinen is often the target of derision for his “soft” play, yet he is the author of occasional moments of violence. Unfortunately, those moments can be just as regrettable.
Take, for instance, last night’s low moment. As you can see about 50 seconds into this clip from TSN, Jokinen clearly cross-checked Phoenix Coyotes forward Wojtek Wolski in the head in a senseless act of violence.
Jokinen was assessed a five-minute major and game misconduct for the cross-check during the game, but TSN reports that he might face further discipline from the league. He had a conference call with the NHL today, but word hasn’t surfaced yet regarding a suspension, fine or simply a slap on the wrist.
There isn’t any official video of the incident just yet, but I decided to screen capture the cross-check from that TSN video. It’s a bit difficult to make out the incident, but it’s on the top of the image, next to the two teams’ benches.
What do you think? Does Olli Jokinen deserve a fine, suspension or just a stern talking-to? Let us know in the comments.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12