Nov 18, 2010, 2:19 PM EDT
Calgary Flames center Olli Jokinen is often the target of derision for his “soft” play, yet he is the author of occasional moments of violence. Unfortunately, those moments can be just as regrettable.
Take, for instance, last night’s low moment. As you can see about 50 seconds into this clip from TSN, Jokinen clearly cross-checked Phoenix Coyotes forward Wojtek Wolski in the head in a senseless act of violence.
Jokinen was assessed a five-minute major and game misconduct for the cross-check during the game, but TSN reports that he might face further discipline from the league. He had a conference call with the NHL today, but word hasn’t surfaced yet regarding a suspension, fine or simply a slap on the wrist.
There isn’t any official video of the incident just yet, but I decided to screen capture the cross-check from that TSN video. It’s a bit difficult to make out the incident, but it’s on the top of the image, next to the two teams’ benches.
What do you think? Does Olli Jokinen deserve a fine, suspension or just a stern talking-to? Let us know in the comments.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 22
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50