Nov 18, 2010, 2:19 PM EST
Calgary Flames center Olli Jokinen is often the target of derision for his “soft” play, yet he is the author of occasional moments of violence. Unfortunately, those moments can be just as regrettable.
Take, for instance, last night’s low moment. As you can see about 50 seconds into this clip from TSN, Jokinen clearly cross-checked Phoenix Coyotes forward Wojtek Wolski in the head in a senseless act of violence.
Jokinen was assessed a five-minute major and game misconduct for the cross-check during the game, but TSN reports that he might face further discipline from the league. He had a conference call with the NHL today, but word hasn’t surfaced yet regarding a suspension, fine or simply a slap on the wrist.
There isn’t any official video of the incident just yet, but I decided to screen capture the cross-check from that TSN video. It’s a bit difficult to make out the incident, but it’s on the top of the image, next to the two teams’ benches.
What do you think? Does Olli Jokinen deserve a fine, suspension or just a stern talking-to? Let us know in the comments.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)