Nov 18, 2010, 2:19 PM EDT
Calgary Flames center Olli Jokinen is often the target of derision for his “soft” play, yet he is the author of occasional moments of violence. Unfortunately, those moments can be just as regrettable.
Take, for instance, last night’s low moment. As you can see about 50 seconds into this clip from TSN, Jokinen clearly cross-checked Phoenix Coyotes forward Wojtek Wolski in the head in a senseless act of violence.
Jokinen was assessed a five-minute major and game misconduct for the cross-check during the game, but TSN reports that he might face further discipline from the league. He had a conference call with the NHL today, but word hasn’t surfaced yet regarding a suspension, fine or simply a slap on the wrist.
There isn’t any official video of the incident just yet, but I decided to screen capture the cross-check from that TSN video. It’s a bit difficult to make out the incident, but it’s on the top of the image, next to the two teams’ benches.
What do you think? Does Olli Jokinen deserve a fine, suspension or just a stern talking-to? Let us know in the comments.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31