Nov 18, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
There is some good news and bad news for the Atlanta Thrashers.
The bad news is that over-sized defenseman Dustin Byfuglien left last night’s game against the Florida Panthers with a lower-body injury after being hit by a puck. As you can hear from the video on the bottom of this post, he clearly had difficulty getting to the Thrashers’ bench, but was able to do so under his own power.
The good news, however, is that Thrashers GM Rick Dudley downplayed the chances that the injury will be anything major on NHL Live today. Dudley said that he will be questionable for the team’s next game with a contusion and a cut, but the injury isn’t anything long-term. (H/T to Kukla’s Korner for the Dudley comments.)
That being said, we’ll keep an eye out for any backup reports. Sometimes a GM can cloud situations in the name of secrecy or just flat-out confusing the press. In the mean time, we will go with what Dudley said and assume that Byfuglien is day-to-day.
Here is video that sheds some light on the injury.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 14
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)