Nov 18, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
There is some good news and bad news for the Atlanta Thrashers.
The bad news is that over-sized defenseman Dustin Byfuglien left last night’s game against the Florida Panthers with a lower-body injury after being hit by a puck. As you can hear from the video on the bottom of this post, he clearly had difficulty getting to the Thrashers’ bench, but was able to do so under his own power.
The good news, however, is that Thrashers GM Rick Dudley downplayed the chances that the injury will be anything major on NHL Live today. Dudley said that he will be questionable for the team’s next game with a contusion and a cut, but the injury isn’t anything long-term. (H/T to Kukla’s Korner for the Dudley comments.)
That being said, we’ll keep an eye out for any backup reports. Sometimes a GM can cloud situations in the name of secrecy or just flat-out confusing the press. In the mean time, we will go with what Dudley said and assume that Byfuglien is day-to-day.
Here is video that sheds some light on the injury.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)