Nov 17, 2010, 6:36 PM EST
Hand it to a little girl who is a Philadelphia Flyers fan to shake off what would hurt a normal adult.
Isabella Kowalski is the young girl who was struck by a puck during the Ottawa Senators-Philadelphia Flyers game on November 15. As you can see from the video above, she received some stitches and a nasty black eye, but she seems like she is being a real trooper about it.
Instead of turning on hockey, it seems like she’s still going to be a fan of the sport. She even wrote an adorable letter to Ottawa Senators forward Ryan Shannon, telling him that she wasn’t mad at him and thanking him for the stick he apparently gave her.
(The seven year old already has better doodling skills than I do, by the way.)
It’s still sad that the young girl was hit in the head with a puck, but it’s great to see that she is OK. If she doesn’t hold the moment against hockey, then it’s an even better story.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 15
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)