Nov 17, 2010, 7:22 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
For the early edition, click here.
9:00 PM ET game
San Jose @ Colorado
Likely San Jose starter: Antero Niittymaki – He’s clearly the starter in San Jose right now, but if the team keeps it up, both goalies might be worth owning in fantasy hockey. (Source: Working the Corners.)
Likely Colorado starter: Peter Budaj – Craig Anderson’s health is improving, but for now it’s Budaj, who’s been doing a pretty good job in Andy’s absence. (Source: Adrian Dater.)
9:30 PM ET games
Phoenix @ Calgary
Likely Phoenix starter: Ilya Bryzgalov (Source: Arizona Republic.)
Likely Calgary starter: Miikka Kiprusoff (Source: Roger Millions.)
Chicago @ Edmonton
Likely Chicago starter: Marty Turco – He’s lost four of his last five starts, but he’s the Blackhawks No. 1 right now. (Source: Chicago Blackhawks.)
Likely Edmonton starter: Nikolai Khabibulin – He’s got the
10:30 PM ET game
Columbus @ Los Angeles
Likely Columbus starter: Steve Mason – This one is a serious coin toss.
Likely Los Angeles starter: Jonathan Quick – Jonathan Bernier received the last start (and lost), so Quick will almost certainly get the start tonight.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28