Nov 17, 2010, 7:22 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
For the early edition, click here.
9:00 PM ET game
San Jose @ Colorado
Likely San Jose starter: Antero Niittymaki – He’s clearly the starter in San Jose right now, but if the team keeps it up, both goalies might be worth owning in fantasy hockey. (Source: Working the Corners.)
Likely Colorado starter: Peter Budaj – Craig Anderson’s health is improving, but for now it’s Budaj, who’s been doing a pretty good job in Andy’s absence. (Source: Adrian Dater.)
9:30 PM ET games
Phoenix @ Calgary
Likely Phoenix starter: Ilya Bryzgalov (Source: Arizona Republic.)
Likely Calgary starter: Miikka Kiprusoff (Source: Roger Millions.)
Chicago @ Edmonton
Likely Chicago starter: Marty Turco – He’s lost four of his last five starts, but he’s the Blackhawks No. 1 right now. (Source: Chicago Blackhawks.)
Likely Edmonton starter: Nikolai Khabibulin – He’s got the
10:30 PM ET game
Columbus @ Los Angeles
Likely Columbus starter: Steve Mason – This one is a serious coin toss.
Likely Los Angeles starter: Jonathan Quick – Jonathan Bernier received the last start (and lost), so Quick will almost certainly get the start tonight.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 2
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)