Nov 17, 2010, 7:22 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
For the early edition, click here.
9:00 PM ET game
San Jose @ Colorado
Likely San Jose starter: Antero Niittymaki – He’s clearly the starter in San Jose right now, but if the team keeps it up, both goalies might be worth owning in fantasy hockey. (Source: Working the Corners.)
Likely Colorado starter: Peter Budaj – Craig Anderson’s health is improving, but for now it’s Budaj, who’s been doing a pretty good job in Andy’s absence. (Source: Adrian Dater.)
9:30 PM ET games
Phoenix @ Calgary
Likely Phoenix starter: Ilya Bryzgalov (Source: Arizona Republic.)
Likely Calgary starter: Miikka Kiprusoff (Source: Roger Millions.)
Chicago @ Edmonton
Likely Chicago starter: Marty Turco – He’s lost four of his last five starts, but he’s the Blackhawks No. 1 right now. (Source: Chicago Blackhawks.)
Likely Edmonton starter: Nikolai Khabibulin – He’s got the
10:30 PM ET game
Columbus @ Los Angeles
Likely Columbus starter: Steve Mason – This one is a serious coin toss.
Likely Los Angeles starter: Jonathan Quick – Jonathan Bernier received the last start (and lost), so Quick will almost certainly get the start tonight.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 8
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)