Nov 16, 2010, 4:18 PM EST
Sad story out of Philadelphia last night: the Senators-Flyers game screeched to a halt when a young girl was struck by a puck during the first period.
You can catch a bit of that sad scene in this story’s main photo. Here is more from NBC Philadelphia.
The game was stopped for a few moments in the first period when the girl was struck in the head when a puck deflected into the stands.
While play was stopped, Philadelphia defenseman Sean O’Donnell brought a rag over from the bench as medical crews attended to her.
Within minutes, the girl’s father carried her out of the arena. She was taken to Methodist Hospital and received several stitches.
There’s no word on her condition.
We’ll keep our eyes open for updates, though there might not be any. Hopefully she’s OK.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 2
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 77
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (80)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)