Nov 16, 2010, 12:42 PM EST
Super pest Daniel Carcillo left the Philadelphia Flyers’ 5-1 drubbing of the Ottawa Senators early Monday with a knee injury. The question is: how severe is that injury?
The team is hoping that he is only dealing with a MCL sprain and that his issues will only keep him out about two weeks, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
However, Seravalli reports that the problem could be quite a bit bigger than that.
Carcillo is expected to undergo an MRI today to determine the extent of the knee injury, although that will only happen if the swelling in his knee goes down enough to provide a proper MRI.
Carcillo, who left Monday’s 5-1 win over Ottawa just a few minutes into the second period, will miss at least two weeks with what appears to be an MCL sprain.
But it could be worse.
The Flyers don’t know exactly what is wrong with Carcillo’s knee, as only so much can be determined without an MRI. He will have that MRI of done today in Philadelphia if there is not too much swelling to try and determine the exact extent of his injury.
Seravalli reports that the team hasn’t called up anyone from the minors just yet, pointing out that the minor league team will only be a three hour car drive from Montreal today. In the mean time, the Flyers will give James van Riemsdyk another chance to redeem himself after a healthy scratch and Andreas Nodl may return to the lineup after injuring his foot.
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)