Nov 16, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
Super pest Daniel Carcillo left the Philadelphia Flyers’ 5-1 drubbing of the Ottawa Senators early Monday with a knee injury. The question is: how severe is that injury?
The team is hoping that he is only dealing with a MCL sprain and that his issues will only keep him out about two weeks, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
However, Seravalli reports that the problem could be quite a bit bigger than that.
Carcillo is expected to undergo an MRI today to determine the extent of the knee injury, although that will only happen if the swelling in his knee goes down enough to provide a proper MRI.
Carcillo, who left Monday’s 5-1 win over Ottawa just a few minutes into the second period, will miss at least two weeks with what appears to be an MCL sprain.
But it could be worse.
The Flyers don’t know exactly what is wrong with Carcillo’s knee, as only so much can be determined without an MRI. He will have that MRI of done today in Philadelphia if there is not too much swelling to try and determine the exact extent of his injury.
Seravalli reports that the team hasn’t called up anyone from the minors just yet, pointing out that the minor league team will only be a three hour car drive from Montreal today. In the mean time, the Flyers will give James van Riemsdyk another chance to redeem himself after a healthy scratch and Andreas Nodl may return to the lineup after injuring his foot.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 6
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 18
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)