Nov 16, 2010, 12:42 PM EST
Super pest Daniel Carcillo left the Philadelphia Flyers’ 5-1 drubbing of the Ottawa Senators early Monday with a knee injury. The question is: how severe is that injury?
The team is hoping that he is only dealing with a MCL sprain and that his issues will only keep him out about two weeks, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
However, Seravalli reports that the problem could be quite a bit bigger than that.
Carcillo is expected to undergo an MRI today to determine the extent of the knee injury, although that will only happen if the swelling in his knee goes down enough to provide a proper MRI.
Carcillo, who left Monday’s 5-1 win over Ottawa just a few minutes into the second period, will miss at least two weeks with what appears to be an MCL sprain.
But it could be worse.
The Flyers don’t know exactly what is wrong with Carcillo’s knee, as only so much can be determined without an MRI. He will have that MRI of done today in Philadelphia if there is not too much swelling to try and determine the exact extent of his injury.
Seravalli reports that the team hasn’t called up anyone from the minors just yet, pointing out that the minor league team will only be a three hour car drive from Montreal today. In the mean time, the Flyers will give James van Riemsdyk another chance to redeem himself after a healthy scratch and Andreas Nodl may return to the lineup after injuring his foot.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 44
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)