Nov 16, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
Super pest Daniel Carcillo left the Philadelphia Flyers’ 5-1 drubbing of the Ottawa Senators early Monday with a knee injury. The question is: how severe is that injury?
The team is hoping that he is only dealing with a MCL sprain and that his issues will only keep him out about two weeks, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
However, Seravalli reports that the problem could be quite a bit bigger than that.
Carcillo is expected to undergo an MRI today to determine the extent of the knee injury, although that will only happen if the swelling in his knee goes down enough to provide a proper MRI.
Carcillo, who left Monday’s 5-1 win over Ottawa just a few minutes into the second period, will miss at least two weeks with what appears to be an MCL sprain.
But it could be worse.
The Flyers don’t know exactly what is wrong with Carcillo’s knee, as only so much can be determined without an MRI. He will have that MRI of done today in Philadelphia if there is not too much swelling to try and determine the exact extent of his injury.
Seravalli reports that the team hasn’t called up anyone from the minors just yet, pointing out that the minor league team will only be a three hour car drive from Montreal today. In the mean time, the Flyers will give James van Riemsdyk another chance to redeem himself after a healthy scratch and Andreas Nodl may return to the lineup after injuring his foot.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)