Nov 16, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
Super pest Daniel Carcillo left the Philadelphia Flyers’ 5-1 drubbing of the Ottawa Senators early Monday with a knee injury. The question is: how severe is that injury?
The team is hoping that he is only dealing with a MCL sprain and that his issues will only keep him out about two weeks, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
However, Seravalli reports that the problem could be quite a bit bigger than that.
Carcillo is expected to undergo an MRI today to determine the extent of the knee injury, although that will only happen if the swelling in his knee goes down enough to provide a proper MRI.
Carcillo, who left Monday’s 5-1 win over Ottawa just a few minutes into the second period, will miss at least two weeks with what appears to be an MCL sprain.
But it could be worse.
The Flyers don’t know exactly what is wrong with Carcillo’s knee, as only so much can be determined without an MRI. He will have that MRI of done today in Philadelphia if there is not too much swelling to try and determine the exact extent of his injury.
Seravalli reports that the team hasn’t called up anyone from the minors just yet, pointing out that the minor league team will only be a three hour car drive from Montreal today. In the mean time, the Flyers will give James van Riemsdyk another chance to redeem himself after a healthy scratch and Andreas Nodl may return to the lineup after injuring his foot.
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 0
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 69
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 63
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)