Nov 16, 2010, 10:12 PM EDT
If it felt like Kings forward Scott Parse just got back into action in Los Angeles, it’s because that’s the case. Parse returned to action on November 4th after missing most of the preseason and the start of the season with a lower body injury. This time, he’s out with another lower body injury, a torn labrum in his hip, and he’ll be out of action for the next 3-4 months.
In five games this year, Parse had a goal and three assists and was about to establish himself as one of the Kings better weapons on the left wing. Instead, they’ll have to continue waiting for him to be healthy. With an injury to Alexei Ponikarovsky already, the Kings forward health takes another hit. The Kings have called up 21 year-old Dwight King up from AHL Manchester to take the place of Parse.
Meanwhile, the Kings are hoping they can send junior-eligible forward Brayden Schenn to Manchester for a conditioning stint. The catch with that is that junior-eligible players aren’t allowed to go to the AHL. The Kings, perhaps in an effort to bend the rules, are looking to send him there while they try and figure out what, exactly, they’re going to do with him. As Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider notes, it’s believed the Kings can send him to the AHL for 14 days without having Schenn lose his junior eligibility.
Of course, having Schenn sit in the press box all along while they try to figure out what to do with him next seems like the bigger issue here. The Kings don’t want to make a decision on him yet, meanwhile he’s only got one more game left to play before the Kings are forced to make a decision on him. All while he sits in limbo, he sits in the press box.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53