Nov 16, 2010, 11:11 PM EDT
While Kris Versteeg did his job to get himself out of the dog house by scoring two goals and the Leafs to take a step away from the outhouse snapping an eight-game losing streak, it wasn’t all good news for Toronto tonight. During the early part of the third period with the Leafs leading Nashville 5-4, Leafs starting goalie Jean-Sebastian Giguere left the game with what appeared to be a groin injury. Jonas Gustavsson took over and maintained the Leafs lead and the win while under severe pressure by the desperate Predators.
Should Giguere have to miss any major amount of time, there is help waiting in the AHL right now. Jussi Rynnas is having a killer season for the Toronto Marlies. Through nine games, Rynnas has a .943 save percentage and a 1.83 goals against average. Amazingly, his record is just 3-3-2. At the very least, Rynnas is prepared to play goal for a team that has a hard time scoring goals. For now, we’ll wait and see what the result of Giguere’s injury is.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36