Nov 16, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
During the weekend, we passed along good news that David Krejci and Johnny Boychuk were making progress as they recovered from their respective injuries.
(Krejci is dealing with a mild concusion while Boychuk is dealing with a broken forearm.)
First, and probably most important: Krejci passed a neuro-pysch test on Monday. He still has quite a ways to go before he can return to NHL action, though. Bruins coach Claude Julien discussed Krejci’s status with Picard.
Now it’s just a matter of moving on to the next stage, which is receiving and dishing out contact, before he can return to action.
Julien said his situation is day-to-day.
“He’s going to continue to skate with us, so it’s more about being able to take contact, which he hasn’t taken any yet,” said Julien. “He’s got to start by doing that. And when he’s 100 percent, he’ll be ready to go.”
Picard also notes that Boychuk is day-to-day, but could return as soon as Wednesday’s game against the New York Rangers. Here is what Julien said about the decision to start or sit Boychuk.
“It’s how his hand feels, and how he’s able to move that around a little bit, and whether or not it’ll handcuff him,” said Julien. “You want to put a guy in that’s going to help you, not hurt you. I think right now, we’re just at a stage where he’s day-to-day, and we’ll probably get a better idea [Wednesday] morning, and watch how he does in the morning skate, and how he feels.
“He’s got to be confident, too, going out there. If he’s got limitations, we’ve got guys that are very healthy right now, that can play ahead of him.”
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8