Nov 16, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
During the weekend, we passed along good news that David Krejci and Johnny Boychuk were making progress as they recovered from their respective injuries.
(Krejci is dealing with a mild concusion while Boychuk is dealing with a broken forearm.)
First, and probably most important: Krejci passed a neuro-pysch test on Monday. He still has quite a ways to go before he can return to NHL action, though. Bruins coach Claude Julien discussed Krejci’s status with Picard.
Now it’s just a matter of moving on to the next stage, which is receiving and dishing out contact, before he can return to action.
Julien said his situation is day-to-day.
“He’s going to continue to skate with us, so it’s more about being able to take contact, which he hasn’t taken any yet,” said Julien. “He’s got to start by doing that. And when he’s 100 percent, he’ll be ready to go.”
Picard also notes that Boychuk is day-to-day, but could return as soon as Wednesday’s game against the New York Rangers. Here is what Julien said about the decision to start or sit Boychuk.
“It’s how his hand feels, and how he’s able to move that around a little bit, and whether or not it’ll handcuff him,” said Julien. “You want to put a guy in that’s going to help you, not hurt you. I think right now, we’re just at a stage where he’s day-to-day, and we’ll probably get a better idea [Wednesday] morning, and watch how he does in the morning skate, and how he feels.
“He’s got to be confident, too, going out there. If he’s got limitations, we’ve got guys that are very healthy right now, that can play ahead of him.”
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)