Nov 16, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
During the weekend, we passed along good news that David Krejci and Johnny Boychuk were making progress as they recovered from their respective injuries.
(Krejci is dealing with a mild concusion while Boychuk is dealing with a broken forearm.)
First, and probably most important: Krejci passed a neuro-pysch test on Monday. He still has quite a ways to go before he can return to NHL action, though. Bruins coach Claude Julien discussed Krejci’s status with Picard.
Now it’s just a matter of moving on to the next stage, which is receiving and dishing out contact, before he can return to action.
Julien said his situation is day-to-day.
“He’s going to continue to skate with us, so it’s more about being able to take contact, which he hasn’t taken any yet,” said Julien. “He’s got to start by doing that. And when he’s 100 percent, he’ll be ready to go.”
Picard also notes that Boychuk is day-to-day, but could return as soon as Wednesday’s game against the New York Rangers. Here is what Julien said about the decision to start or sit Boychuk.
“It’s how his hand feels, and how he’s able to move that around a little bit, and whether or not it’ll handcuff him,” said Julien. “You want to put a guy in that’s going to help you, not hurt you. I think right now, we’re just at a stage where he’s day-to-day, and we’ll probably get a better idea [Wednesday] morning, and watch how he does in the morning skate, and how he feels.
“He’s got to be confident, too, going out there. If he’s got limitations, we’ve got guys that are very healthy right now, that can play ahead of him.”
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 12
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 12
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 39
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic