Nov 16, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
During the weekend, we passed along good news that David Krejci and Johnny Boychuk were making progress as they recovered from their respective injuries.
(Krejci is dealing with a mild concusion while Boychuk is dealing with a broken forearm.)
First, and probably most important: Krejci passed a neuro-pysch test on Monday. He still has quite a ways to go before he can return to NHL action, though. Bruins coach Claude Julien discussed Krejci’s status with Picard.
Now it’s just a matter of moving on to the next stage, which is receiving and dishing out contact, before he can return to action.
Julien said his situation is day-to-day.
“He’s going to continue to skate with us, so it’s more about being able to take contact, which he hasn’t taken any yet,” said Julien. “He’s got to start by doing that. And when he’s 100 percent, he’ll be ready to go.”
Picard also notes that Boychuk is day-to-day, but could return as soon as Wednesday’s game against the New York Rangers. Here is what Julien said about the decision to start or sit Boychuk.
“It’s how his hand feels, and how he’s able to move that around a little bit, and whether or not it’ll handcuff him,” said Julien. “You want to put a guy in that’s going to help you, not hurt you. I think right now, we’re just at a stage where he’s day-to-day, and we’ll probably get a better idea [Wednesday] morning, and watch how he does in the morning skate, and how he feels.
“He’s got to be confident, too, going out there. If he’s got limitations, we’ve got guys that are very healthy right now, that can play ahead of him.”
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)