Nov 15, 2010, 10:32 PM EST
We discussed the new nightly hour-long show planned by Versus last week, but tonight’s the night in which “NHL Overtime” will actually air for the first time. The first show will begin at 11:00 pm ET, shortly following the network’s current St. Louis Blues-Colorado Avalanche tilt.
According to the network’s press release, the first episode will feature an all-Bill lineup: host Bill Patrick, pundit Billy Jaffe and veteran out-of-work forward Bill Guerin. That won’t be the permanent crew, though, at least if they follow the plan as detailed in the press release.
Here is a snippet of what Versus had to say.
NHL Overtime, will feature game highlights, re-caps, expert analysis and all the hottest news and topics from the NHL, college, minor leagues and international hockey. The show will include in-studio guests as well as live post-game player interviews from around the league. Additionally, special longer-form features on coaches, players and influential names in hockey will also be a regular part of the show.
Each week, several new announcers and analysts will be showcased on the program, allowing for fresh perspectives and unbiased opinions.
Tonight’s inaugural telecast, for example, will feature Billy Jaffe and perennial NHL All-Star Bill Guerin along with host Bill Patrick, while hockey fans can expect to see many names come through the studio in the coming weeks, such as Aaron Ward, Ken Daneyko, Mike Millbury, Dave Maloney and Darren McCarty, among others.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)