Nov 15, 2010, 10:32 PM EDT
We discussed the new nightly hour-long show planned by Versus last week, but tonight’s the night in which “NHL Overtime” will actually air for the first time. The first show will begin at 11:00 pm ET, shortly following the network’s current St. Louis Blues-Colorado Avalanche tilt.
According to the network’s press release, the first episode will feature an all-Bill lineup: host Bill Patrick, pundit Billy Jaffe and veteran out-of-work forward Bill Guerin. That won’t be the permanent crew, though, at least if they follow the plan as detailed in the press release.
Here is a snippet of what Versus had to say.
NHL Overtime, will feature game highlights, re-caps, expert analysis and all the hottest news and topics from the NHL, college, minor leagues and international hockey. The show will include in-studio guests as well as live post-game player interviews from around the league. Additionally, special longer-form features on coaches, players and influential names in hockey will also be a regular part of the show.
Each week, several new announcers and analysts will be showcased on the program, allowing for fresh perspectives and unbiased opinions.
Tonight’s inaugural telecast, for example, will feature Billy Jaffe and perennial NHL All-Star Bill Guerin along with host Bill Patrick, while hockey fans can expect to see many names come through the studio in the coming weeks, such as Aaron Ward, Ken Daneyko, Mike Millbury, Dave Maloney and Darren McCarty, among others.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)