Nov 15, 2010, 10:32 PM EDT
We discussed the new nightly hour-long show planned by Versus last week, but tonight’s the night in which “NHL Overtime” will actually air for the first time. The first show will begin at 11:00 pm ET, shortly following the network’s current St. Louis Blues-Colorado Avalanche tilt.
According to the network’s press release, the first episode will feature an all-Bill lineup: host Bill Patrick, pundit Billy Jaffe and veteran out-of-work forward Bill Guerin. That won’t be the permanent crew, though, at least if they follow the plan as detailed in the press release.
Here is a snippet of what Versus had to say.
NHL Overtime, will feature game highlights, re-caps, expert analysis and all the hottest news and topics from the NHL, college, minor leagues and international hockey. The show will include in-studio guests as well as live post-game player interviews from around the league. Additionally, special longer-form features on coaches, players and influential names in hockey will also be a regular part of the show.
Each week, several new announcers and analysts will be showcased on the program, allowing for fresh perspectives and unbiased opinions.
Tonight’s inaugural telecast, for example, will feature Billy Jaffe and perennial NHL All-Star Bill Guerin along with host Bill Patrick, while hockey fans can expect to see many names come through the studio in the coming weeks, such as Aaron Ward, Ken Daneyko, Mike Millbury, Dave Maloney and Darren McCarty, among others.
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 3
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 4
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 11
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 26
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)