Nov 15, 2010, 8:26 PM EDT
While the Montreal Canadiens seem hesitant to provide more information than the fact that Andrei Markov has a “lower body injury,” some outlets indicate that the situation could be serious.
It’s important to note that this is just in the rumor phase, but Habs Inside Out passes along French-language reports from QMI that Markov could miss between eight months and a year with the knee injury. Eric Staal delivered a knee-to-knee hit that caused Markov’s latest issues.
Kevin Mio also points out that it was the same knee that bothered Markov enough to keep him out of the remainder of the Habs’ playoff games after taking a hit from Pittsburgh Penguins forward Matt Cooke.
Again, it’s not a sure thing by any means, so we’ll pass along more official word if/when Montreal addresses the situation. It wouldn’t be that shocking if the reports are proven correct, though, as Markov has been dealing with knee issues since the playoffs and seemingly cannot catch a break, health-wise.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)