Nov 15, 2010, 8:26 PM EST
While the Montreal Canadiens seem hesitant to provide more information than the fact that Andrei Markov has a “lower body injury,” some outlets indicate that the situation could be serious.
It’s important to note that this is just in the rumor phase, but Habs Inside Out passes along French-language reports from QMI that Markov could miss between eight months and a year with the knee injury. Eric Staal delivered a knee-to-knee hit that caused Markov’s latest issues.
Kevin Mio also points out that it was the same knee that bothered Markov enough to keep him out of the remainder of the Habs’ playoff games after taking a hit from Pittsburgh Penguins forward Matt Cooke.
Again, it’s not a sure thing by any means, so we’ll pass along more official word if/when Montreal addresses the situation. It wouldn’t be that shocking if the reports are proven correct, though, as Markov has been dealing with knee issues since the playoffs and seemingly cannot catch a break, health-wise.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (61)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)