Nov 15, 2010, 8:26 PM EDT
While the Montreal Canadiens seem hesitant to provide more information than the fact that Andrei Markov has a “lower body injury,” some outlets indicate that the situation could be serious.
It’s important to note that this is just in the rumor phase, but Habs Inside Out passes along French-language reports from QMI that Markov could miss between eight months and a year with the knee injury. Eric Staal delivered a knee-to-knee hit that caused Markov’s latest issues.
Kevin Mio also points out that it was the same knee that bothered Markov enough to keep him out of the remainder of the Habs’ playoff games after taking a hit from Pittsburgh Penguins forward Matt Cooke.
Again, it’s not a sure thing by any means, so we’ll pass along more official word if/when Montreal addresses the situation. It wouldn’t be that shocking if the reports are proven correct, though, as Markov has been dealing with knee issues since the playoffs and seemingly cannot catch a break, health-wise.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 26
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 27
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 46
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 13
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 28
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 90
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1