Nov 15, 2010, 12:38 PM EDT
If you were thinking that yesterday’s fracas at Madison Square Garden between the Oilers and the Rangers over Sean Avery’s debated “sucker punch” to defenseman Ladislav Smid would turn into a mess of suspensions and fines… You’d be wrong. Andrew Gross of Rangers Rants tweets that the NHL will not take action against any of the players involved. Brandon Dubinsky of the Rangers is the only player who will see any sort of action taken against him as he’ll be fined by the league.
In case you missed it, yesterday’s game got out of hand when Ladislav Smid challenged Sean Avery to fight after Avery landed a crunching, but very legal, hit on Colin Fraser. Avery and Smid chatted for a bit and then, out of the blue, Avery jumped into action and caught Smid with a surprise right hook that set things off with players from both teams squaring off to fight.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 9
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6