Nov 15, 2010, 12:38 PM EST
If you were thinking that yesterday’s fracas at Madison Square Garden between the Oilers and the Rangers over Sean Avery’s debated “sucker punch” to defenseman Ladislav Smid would turn into a mess of suspensions and fines… You’d be wrong. Andrew Gross of Rangers Rants tweets that the NHL will not take action against any of the players involved. Brandon Dubinsky of the Rangers is the only player who will see any sort of action taken against him as he’ll be fined by the league.
In case you missed it, yesterday’s game got out of hand when Ladislav Smid challenged Sean Avery to fight after Avery landed a crunching, but very legal, hit on Colin Fraser. Avery and Smid chatted for a bit and then, out of the blue, Avery jumped into action and caught Smid with a surprise right hook that set things off with players from both teams squaring off to fight.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9