Nov 15, 2010, 12:38 PM EDT
If you were thinking that yesterday’s fracas at Madison Square Garden between the Oilers and the Rangers over Sean Avery’s debated “sucker punch” to defenseman Ladislav Smid would turn into a mess of suspensions and fines… You’d be wrong. Andrew Gross of Rangers Rants tweets that the NHL will not take action against any of the players involved. Brandon Dubinsky of the Rangers is the only player who will see any sort of action taken against him as he’ll be fined by the league.
In case you missed it, yesterday’s game got out of hand when Ladislav Smid challenged Sean Avery to fight after Avery landed a crunching, but very legal, hit on Colin Fraser. Avery and Smid chatted for a bit and then, out of the blue, Avery jumped into action and caught Smid with a surprise right hook that set things off with players from both teams squaring off to fight.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 22
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17