Nov 15, 2010, 1:03 PM EST
The NHL announced their three stars of the week, and if you’ve seen any Montreal Canadiens games recently, you’ll know that Carey Price being named the top star isn’t too big of a surprise.
Price went 3-0-0 this past week with a 1.00 goals against average and an equally ridiculous .970 save percentage. Price’s play this week has quieted all the talk and fretting over losing Jaroslav Halak in the off-season. After what Halak did in the playoffs, it seemed like that would be almost impossible to do, but Price has been outstanding of late and this weekly honor shows it. It would’ve taken a Superman-like effort out of the other two stars of the week, Sidney Crosby and Alex Semin, to beat that. As it is, Crosby and Semin both had pretty large weeks of their own.
In netting the #2 star of the week, Crosby had three goals and five assists in helping the Penguins go 2-1-0 during the week. Crosby’s play has helped the Penguins get things turned around in Pittsburgh after an inconsistent start to their season. Despite the 7-4 loss to Boston early in the week, the Pens are playing some pretty good hockey.
Semin, meanwhile, continues his ridiculously hot start to the season also netting eight points, this time getting four goals and four assists in helping the Capitals go 3-0-1 this week. The Caps have the league’s best record at the moment with a 13-4-1 tally with 27 points. They’ll have to keep things up if they’re going to keep the red-hot Flyers off their heels in the Eastern Conference but with Semin scoring goals by the boatload and having Alex Ovechkin there to help set him up, things are looking good for the Caps.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8