Nov 15, 2010, 1:03 PM EDT
The NHL announced their three stars of the week, and if you’ve seen any Montreal Canadiens games recently, you’ll know that Carey Price being named the top star isn’t too big of a surprise.
Price went 3-0-0 this past week with a 1.00 goals against average and an equally ridiculous .970 save percentage. Price’s play this week has quieted all the talk and fretting over losing Jaroslav Halak in the off-season. After what Halak did in the playoffs, it seemed like that would be almost impossible to do, but Price has been outstanding of late and this weekly honor shows it. It would’ve taken a Superman-like effort out of the other two stars of the week, Sidney Crosby and Alex Semin, to beat that. As it is, Crosby and Semin both had pretty large weeks of their own.
In netting the #2 star of the week, Crosby had three goals and five assists in helping the Penguins go 2-1-0 during the week. Crosby’s play has helped the Penguins get things turned around in Pittsburgh after an inconsistent start to their season. Despite the 7-4 loss to Boston early in the week, the Pens are playing some pretty good hockey.
Semin, meanwhile, continues his ridiculously hot start to the season also netting eight points, this time getting four goals and four assists in helping the Capitals go 3-0-1 this week. The Caps have the league’s best record at the moment with a 13-4-1 tally with 27 points. They’ll have to keep things up if they’re going to keep the red-hot Flyers off their heels in the Eastern Conference but with Semin scoring goals by the boatload and having Alex Ovechkin there to help set him up, things are looking good for the Caps.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54